Sponsored

I don’t understand the hype

mixe760

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Hype? All the reviews rate this truck as average.
Well I assume it's because people love them more than the reviews. I know people who have waited months waiting for one to come in. I waited almost 2 months.
Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I know people who have waited months waiting for one to come in. I waited almost 2 months.
I waited almost 5 months for mine and it is everything I expected. I ignore the hype both good and bad online because people push the boundaries both ways to get views.

I have driven all of the competition and in no way is my truck average. I think the OP would feel differently if he had gotten a higher trim, but I also think he should cut his losses and move on.

Last edited:

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
I hyped up my own idea of the truck for a year and 2 days, to be exact; that's how long it took from the day I placed my deposit until the day I picked it up. And after a month or so of ownership, it lives up to that hype and more.

But I got the TH trim, so it has a lot more bells and whistles than a base model.

mixe760

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Would you rather have 2 cup holders?

I use the cubbies all the time, shelf in front of passenger, wifey fills it up every trip, secret storage? Don’t like it so I don’t use it. Glove box is big!

Lag? Try sport mode or tow haul?

Full tank nets me 350-380.
Only time I’ve had a tank under 20mpg I was towing. Staying out of the boost helps considerably.

CarPlay? Don’t update to IOS 18! Infotainment been problem free for me maybe the dealership can help?

Qi wireless yep they charge far slower than a wired connection. 3 of them are provided.

47K for my TRD OR, both front seats are 8 way electric. (Upgrade Package and sway bar disconnect)

Door Lock lag, yep can be annoying! I’m Gonna ask the stealorship about it?

The Ledge? Make sure you know what’s on the other side!

I’m a first time Tacoma owner as well. Its so far exceeded my expectations.
Well hopefully ios 18.0 will at least fix the apple carplay issues with the music not muting when you use it. I have been hearing for 2 months they are working on the fix

mixe760

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
I hyped up my own idea of the truck for a year and 2 days, to be exact; that's how long it took from the day I placed my deposit until the day I picked it up. And after a month or so of ownership, it lives up to that hype and more.

But I got the TH trim, so it has a lot more bells and whistles than a base model.
I agree, besides the one apple carplay issue I could not be much happier with my 24 Taco.

Sponsored

mixe760

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
This is your first Tacoma @TacoScott, but is it your first truck?

The hype for the new generation Tacoma has brought in a lot of first time truck buyers. There are several vehicles that look like trucks on today's market, but are actually small SUVs with beds, like the Maverick. Those trucks drive and are equipped like the SUVs they were derived from. They tend to be quieter, smoother and have more features than the average midsize truck.

The Tacoma is a different beast and that is why many of us love them. It is still a real body on frame truck, just not huge like the current full sized trucks. As a truck it has a more direct ride and feel and although the amenities are increased over earlier gen Tacos they are not what we expect in an SUV today. Some other real trucks have become more car like, and they don't interest me personally, but might better fill your expectations. Have you looked at a Ridgeline?

So what you see as Tacoma drawbacks, are what makes a lot of us love them. They are still trucks and so they are tools to do a job, not a cushy SUV with a bed. The 4th gen Tacoma is about as car like as a truck can get and still keep me interested.

I think you just bought the wrong vehicle Scott. You should consider trading it on something that better meets your expectations, rather than keeping it and hating it.

Trucks are not for everyone, but for those of us who love them, the Taco is still the class act of the midsize truck market.
Great answer.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I hyped up my own idea of the truck for a year and 2 days, to be exact; that's how long it took from the day I placed my deposit until the day I picked it up.
I did pretty much the same thing and I wondered if maybe my imagination had created a truck that reality couldn't match. But now that I have it I think it is even nicer than dreamed it might be and I couldn't be happier.

mixe760

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
The music source switching is an Apple issue. If you unlock your iphone, many apps (including Facebook) will auto-switch the source to Carplay audio. Extremely annoying if you're listening to SirusXM. I've been looking for a way to disable this, but so far, haven't found one. FYI.
There are a couple apple carplay issues they need to fix soon

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Sounds like someone didn’t take a test drive.
Sponsored