JBL sound system low volume out of the door speakers

Biggs1975

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
I have a Trailhunter and the sound system is good but I was wondering if anyone else with the upgraded JBL sound system notices very little sound from the door speakers. I have tried messing with the settings and nothing seems to improve this. I primarily listen to Spotify and tried Sirius/ XM and get the same results.
Today, I installed a Beatsonic amp and really don't notice a difference between having it installed vs. not - was hoping this might help. Thanks for any advice you guys might have.
Sponsored

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter 6 foot bed 1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
the JBL in my Trailhunter sound fine. I just adjusted the front to back to get it sounding good for myself

SilverSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
The taco jbl stereo is average at best with a strong front sound bias. The door and rear sub? don’t seem to be intended to “balance” the sound at all. Set your sound at 30 and pull the sound all the way back, then left and right to see what I’m talking about. Unfortunately, not a lot of you can do about it if you want to keep your warranty…

OP
OP

Biggs1975

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
the JBL in my Trailhunter sound fine. I just adjusted the front to back to get it sounding good for myself
If I fade the sound to the rear, the volume gets lower and I find myself turning it up almost to max. It still doesn't sound like it should when I have tried this. I have actually put my ear up to the door speakers and barely hear anything from those speakers.
Sponsored