Sponsored

Leave Truck Running but Locked for Pets or Accessories...

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Just wanted to share this...

We have had several 100+ degree days here and I needed to leave my truck running to keep the fridge in the back on, while also keeping the cabin cool.

To do this you need to use the "Physical" key in the FOB on drivers side door keyhole to lock the truck.

The truck will prevent locking when using any other remote or buttons working while it's running.

Stay cool!
Sponsored

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
Might want to hang a sign on the window that lets people passing by that the AC is on. People around here will not hesitate to break a window if they think they see a dog in trouble. That’s why Tesla has a big message on the screen letting people know when dog mode is activated. We primarily use dog mode for keeping our groceries cool while on while running errands with multiple stops.

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
Rush hour traffic is going to be one of my favourite things with the hybrid, I wonder if an aftermarket company would make a tonneau for us with solar panels to trickle charge the hybrid battery’s? 👀

TacoTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
For the refrigerator, one option is a ‘solar generator’ aka all in one battery and charger. This is my setup that works well. Pets do need ac though.

john170950

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SR5
You can remote start the vehicle when its locked with the app, and set climate to hot or cold, it will run for 10 mins, that might work for some.

Sponsored

OP
OP
webshot

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
You can remote start the vehicle when its locked with the app, and set climate to hot or cold, it will run for 10 mins, that might work for some.
I had to leave it running for 45 Minutes.

Kairu

First Name
K.O.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport - Ice Cap
Just wanted to share this...

We have had several 100+ degree days here and I needed to leave my truck running to keep the fridge in the back on, while also keeping the cabin cool.

To do this you need to use the "Physical" key in the FOB on drivers side door keyhole to lock the truck.

The truck will prevent locking when using any other remote or buttons working while it's running.

Stay cool!
You can also use your Toyota app to lock the truck while it is running and your dog is in it! I got tired of using the physical key lol.

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
It is my understanding the hybrids will do exactly what you wish IF the doors are locked, i.e. it thinks someone in in the vehicle. The A/C will remain on, and the inverter power will be available. The engine will start periodically to maintain the hybrid battery charge. Have not tried it personally, but a BIG plus for a hybrid, such as camping, etc.

OP
OP
webshot

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Might want to hang a sign on the window that lets people passing by that the AC is on. People around here will not hesitate to break a window if they think they see a dog in trouble. That’s why Tesla has a big message on the screen letting people know when dog mode is activated. We primarily use dog mode for keeping our groceries cool while on while running errands with multiple stops.
2024 Tacoma Leave Truck Running but Locked for Pets or Accessories... 1720487233206-r9
Sponsored