Linkage in the 6M fairly noisy?

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I'm assuming it's the linkage of some sort leading into the transmission, or the transmission it's self I'm far from a backyard mechanic but I've noticed it sense I bought the truck and it kind've drives me insane, makes it sound like a piece of junk, especially for any innocent bystander who don't understand it's a manual.

I've been around manuals all my life and never really noticed it before, but maybe manual transmissions are just noisey like that but doing a neutral check you can hear the shifter slopping around really loud from outside, and any gear changes also sound very noisey. I expect a bit of noise, but Jesus sometimes I roll with the windows down and I'm completely dissatisfied on how noisey it is and how much it can overpower the engine noise.

Anyone else have the same thoughts?
Sponsored

Sandeep1994

First Name
Sidhu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Yes i noticed that too .. shifting to-first gear u can actually hear the click and even when u press clutch . But now after driving it 4000 miles over . I dont hear gear noice but sometimes clutch if its at stop and its very quite .. i read it somewhere that this year tacoma have metal clutch and also its direct shifter ..

tacofart

First Name
JTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport 6spd
I hear the linkage noise clearly as well, but I'd describe mine to be similar to other cars I've had. The loudest linkage or gate noise car I've had with an STi. It's to be expected finding the gate into first if youre moving along to be a bit loud but if you guys have experience with other M/T's as well and this its out of this world noisy I'd try to test drive another one at a dealer to see if it sounds the same.

In some of my previous M/T's a transmission fluid change transformed how it worked (old 04 GT, STi, Cobalt SS turbo, Genesis 3.8, all benefited massively from a Motul change)

Camario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Chevrolet K2500. 2004 Subaru WRX STI
Can’t say yet. I’ll take note when I get mine in 2 weeks.
But my Wrx Sti is super noisy, it’s normal. Been like that for 20 years

kweevuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 6MT OR
I hear it. I don’t mind. Just a mechanical noise and move on with life
Sponsored