Sponsored

OlafTheNork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Pro
I agree with 'timetoeatpotatoes'. Yes, we should be able to count the VIN #s affected by this simply by looking at the last TSB (T-SB-0094-24) then counting the numbers listed in the last 6 digits of each row. This assumes that each row VIN # starts at "1". I believe this includes those sold/delivered, unsold/allocated, unsold/unallocatable. This gives me 17 rows and a total "universe" per the TSP of 379,138.

This may or may not be correct. It is a large number. What is intuitively obvious is that anyone who bought one of these TSB-affected vehicles has suffered a loss of "market value". Those that are unsold have also lost value where a new buyer should get a big discount. Market value has been lost simply because by "direct implication" these vehicles have transmission-torque converter (and hybrid motor) combinations that have a "reasonable possibility" of failure, and given what we've read on forums, a rather quick (stuck 6th gear) and not driveable failure at that.

Meaning, who would want to own/drive one of these on a expressway, or bad area of town, off road without cell service, or tow a camper, or travel with kids in the car, when the transmission might suddently fail? I wouldn't. Meaning it's not safe to "use the truck" as it's intended to be used. And I'm going to file a Lemon Law complaint and if they won't do a recall then they can buy the truck back after some depreciation/mileage deduction. I will also file immediately a NTSB complaint because these puppies are not safe, as they are subject to the TSB.

One of my favoriate sayings is: "One cannot ignore the implications of known facts.". And the fact that it is "reasonably possible" these affected VIN # transmissions will fail is public knowledge due to the TSB. At least in the mid-60s when the first M-16s failed in the field due to failed receivers the defense dept didn't wait until they all failed before replacing them.

Last point: my guess is don't wait for the '25 Tacomas. Their trannys will all go in our '24s that are subject to the TSB via an eventual recall.
Sponsored

Last edited: