Locking gas cap?

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
Forgive the Taco- newbie question...Do y'all get aftermarket locking gas caps? TIA.
Sponsored

Chum8888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma off road premium
I used a locking cap for my 2022 that I bought from Rock Auto. Tried it on my 2024 but it didn't screw on tightly enough. Felt that the threads were not configured the same. It did work when I turned it hard enough to seal but I did not want to risk damaging the threads on the opening.

Kiki

First Name
Kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
All that money on this truck and they couldn’t put a gas lid that locks
Locking gas cap is a must

Sponsored

soupy1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Long Bed
Why is it a must?
Yeah, I haven't had a locking gas cap since cars started coming with anti-siphon filler necks.
I think what they do now to steal gas is poke a hole in the tank. Maybe others are in areas where gas still gets siphoned?

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
I put a locking fuel door on my last truck. I like that it was visible as you approach the truck.

I've never hear of fuel theft around here but know about some vandalism where something is put in the tank - sugar and even paper towel once.

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Those aftermarket locking gas caps #1 cause for EVAP check engine lights. Buyer beware. Dealer won’t hesitate to charge you hundreds of dollars to be told the check engine light is your aftermarket gas cap.

PlinyTheGringo

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
Do you have a pic of this cap being used?

Does not state it fits 2024
It fits the 2024 Tacoma perfectly. I have over 1,000 miles and numerous stops for fuel. There have been no EVAP or "check engine" lights. Here is the procedure... unscrew the original cap, use a small flat screwdriver to pry off the plastic retaining ring, and save the entire assembly in case you want to return to using the OEM cap. Then screw this new cap on. It's great . It locks. When you remove it to fill fuel, it drops right into the OEM gas cap holder while you fill. If you don't like it, return to Amazon. It's cheap insurance to prevent anyone from stealing your fuel or messing with it.

2024 Tacoma Locking gas cap? locking gas ca
Sponsored