Sponsored

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
How many of you guys plan on keeping your 2024 Tacoma for the long haul? Anyone buying the 24s and plan on trading them in when the refresh model comes out in few years? Just curious what everyone’s plans are. I plan on keeping mine for 20 plus years
Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Vehicles are too expensive these days to just keep trading in plus I hate car loans, so I'm going to hold onto this truck for 10 years, will probably teach my son how to drive in it, and give it to him when he's old enough.
That’s the truth better off holding onto vehicles these days, just maintain the heck out of em and they will last

taco.b0ut.it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Off-Road Long Bed
I have a '24 Tacoma OR and a '21 4runner OR and I plan to keep both as long as possible until the kiddo can drive it though as OCD/perfectionistic one can be, you can't predict what will happen.

Prior to the Taco I had a super clean 2015 BMW M4 with only 15000 miles, original owner, never seen poor weather (no rain or snow). I still tracked the thing, drove it hard, as one should, did all the maintenance, bolt on modifications, pushing ~500 whp, kept it super clean inside...then on the way to a track day one morning a gentleman decides to run a yield sign right into the front of the car. Totaled. One month later, our Mazda CX30 was pummeled by a hail storm outside. So nowadays I still try to keep the Taco as clean as possible, and still use it, off road, take it hunting, but with all the idiots on the road and crazy weather you never know. I always tell the wife (who primarily drives the 4R) that the truck will go forever and what will likely end it is another driver.

Forest Moon

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 OR Supersonic Red MT
New England winters aren't kind to vehicles, but I heard the 4th gens won't have the prevalent rust issues previous Tacomas have. If that's true it could last me 30+ years as I only average about 6000 miles/year. Regardless I plan on keeping it for at least 10 years.

Sponsored

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
My plan is to keep my next car a decade or more. I used to be able to keep them that long & truly get my value out of them, but the last couple I’ve had have been quick turns. You wind up using, and paying for, only the most expensive part of a new vehicle then without getting a good lifespan out of it. Now as was pointed out above, plans can always get derailed. But. My best intention is to do my research & self analysis ahead of time enough, knowing what my life looks like going forward, to make sure I purchase something I can be happy with for that length of time.

mrgooden

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
How many of you guys plan on keeping your 2024 Tacoma for the long haul? Anyone buying the 24s and plan on trading them in when the refresh model comes out in few years? Just curious what everyone’s plans are. I plan on keeping mine for 20 plus years
Probably my last vehicle. Living long enough to need another wouldn't be a bad thing though.

Richard

Dieselfxr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TRD and a 2024 TRDOR with a deposit
I have a 1st gen 1999 that’s my daily driver. My 4th gen is expected to be delivered this week planning on it to be last vehicle of my lifetime if it holds up like the 1st gen has. I’m 61 years old so really I probably wouldn’t be driving much in 20 years.
Sponsored