Sponsored

Insurance Cost For Your 2024+ Tacoma 4th Gen?

ambit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
$1263/year
went up $346/year from my 2021 Ranger

$500 comprehensive/ $1000 collision
Sponsored

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
Picked up a Trd Sport last night, paying $70 a month in Idaho. I was ecstatic coming from a renegade insured in FL for $430 a month.

Grasshoppav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Hybrid
$1440 for 6 months ($240/month) - Florida - Progressive. Hybrid TRD Off-Road.

Sponsored

TrustButVerify

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I'm about to pick up my new Tacoma and I couldn't be more excited. I know there's a huge sticker shock but it is what it is. I wanted to ask what people were paying for car insurance. I live in Texas and I just got quoted $251 a month for full coverage (up from $144 on my 2016 Tacoma). Is anyone else seeing this huge increase for car insurance?!
Posting random numbers without posting your coverage is pointless.

What's your deductible? Policy limit? Medical payments? Underinsured/uninsured? Etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bsquaredMTB

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Posting random numbers without posting you coverage is pointless.

What's your deductible? Policy limit? Medical payments? Underinsured/uninsured? Etc.
@TrustButVerify, no need to be so condescending about it. Obviously I'd have to have full coverage if it's financed so I figured people were posting amounts for full coverage. Liability of 50/100/50 with a 500 deductible for comp and collision. I ended up leaving Allstate and went to progressive. Lost my multi policy discount for my homeowners insurance but the savings was more than it was had I stayed with Allstate on the auto. 515 for 6 months with same limits.

TrustButVerify

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
@TrustButVerify, no need to be so condescending about it. Obviously I'd have to have full coverage if it's financed so I figured people were posting amounts for full coverage. Liability of 50/100/50 with a 500 deductible for comp and collision. I ended up leaving Allstate and went to progressive. Lost my multi policy discount for my homeowners insurance but the savings was more than it was had I stayed with Allstate on the auto. 515 for 6 months with same limits.
You're fairly underinsured on that 50/100/50 unless it have literally nothing but an empty apartment and the truck in your name. The good news is Progressive is so putrid you will fight with them to pay anything in full so you'll struggle to hit your policy max. A single traffic light runs upwards of $15,000. Crossover barrier on the highway can cost tens of thousands to restring if you hit it. Impact absorbing barriers and Jersey barriers can be $1000 per foot to install.

Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento

But he does have a point considering that location(City, state, and even county), credit score, education level, multi vehicle discount, and multiple policy discount are just some of the considerations taken into account for policy pricing. Heck I even get a discount of a few bucks for my 16 year old making straight A's.

OP
OP
bsquaredMTB

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
But he does have a point considering that location(City, state, and even county), credit score, education level, multi vehicle discount, and multiple policy discount are just some of the considerations taken into account for policy pricing. Heck I even get a discount of a few bucks for my 16 year old making straight A's.
I just wanted a ballpark number lol. If I wanted something accurate, I would've asked for social security and mother's maiden name ha.
Sponsored