Sponsored

Losing my Multi-information Display settings on the '24 Tacoma with restart.

stillgotomx

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I've searched the forums and can't find anyone having this problem, so it's probably just dumb a** me doing something wrong. I reviewed trainer Steve Clifford's vids and finally figured out the MDI 3 screen display and how to set it up to my liking. Problem is, that on restarting the truck, either the 1st,. 2nd, or 3rd time, any settings I put in vanish, and I am right back to the ones that were there on the day I picked up the truck. For example, I hate seeing the mpg data at all unless I want to, so changed that; never have anyone in the back seat, so changed that; and generally reorganized the screens to that I could get info I need in an orderly and predictable manner. Sure enough, each time I do this, the next time or two I start up, the MPG data, steering wheel angle, and all the other initial settings are back.

Anyone have this problem, or help me get it right?
Sponsored

Andy@AAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Tacoma, 2022 Wrangler 4xe
Look for a "demo" setting or something like that buried in the menu? Something for dealers to have enabled to show the vehicle off maybe.

BarryLimited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Limited
I've searched the forums and can't find anyone having this problem, so it's probably just dumb a** me doing something wrong. I reviewed trainer Steve Clifford's vids and finally figured out the MDI 3 screen display and how to set it up to my liking. Problem is, that on restarting the truck, either the 1st,. 2nd, or 3rd time, any settings I put in vanish, and I am right back to the ones that were there on the day I picked up the truck. For example, I hate seeing the mpg data at all unless I want to, so changed that; never have anyone in the back seat, so changed that; and generally reorganized the screens to that I could get info I need in an orderly and predictable manner. Sure enough, each time I do this, the next time or two I start up, the MPG data, steering wheel angle, and all the other initial settings are back.

Anyone have this problem, or help me get it right?
My Limited does the same thing. Must be a bug in the software or firmware.

Sponsored

FJTaco

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trd off road premium
Mine does the same but I found a solution. If I make the changes while the engine is running the next time I turn on the truck the settings revert back to the way they were before. However I have found that if you turn the power on without actually starting the truck, you can make your changes then turn the power off and when you start the truck up after that the changes stay

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I don't think there is a fix or a solution that will allow it to stick. Pretty much just stuck without being able to set it permanently

Sponsored

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
My custom setting have stayed since i got the truck a week ago.

I think i saw that the TPMS monitor was causing a problem. I dont have TPMS on any of the 3 pages. Its a long shot but maybe try a setup that doesnt have TPMS anywhere.

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Hmm, that's interesting. I do have the tire pressure on my first screen. I'll give that a shot. Decent workaround but I like that option so hopefully there's a fix coming down from Toyota at some point.

Drunkmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I’m having the issue on my pro and the hud same issue

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I think I just figured out a possible solution. I got on a call with Toyota and, while we were troubleshooting, I tried changing the setting to include the tire pressure. Long story, short, the rep said that the changes won't save unless you make them while you are in park. Still seems like it's a bug because you shouldn't be able to change something if it's not going to save. Anyways, I'll follow up if it reverts back to the old display but I think that's the workaround. Make the changes while in park. Hope that helps!

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road Premium
I think I just figured out a possible solution. I got on a call with Toyota and, while we were troubleshooting, I tried changing the setting to include the tire pressure. Long story, short, the rep said that the changes won't save unless you make them while you are in park. Still seems like it's a bug because you shouldn't be able to change something if it's not going to save. Anyways, I'll follow up if it reverts back to the old display but I think that's the workaround. Make the changes while in park. Hope that helps!
it won't work, if you have TPMS on the screen it won't save. Might stay for a start or two but it will change back. Its a bug and I think the Tundra has the same issue. Probably won't ever be fixed.
Sponsored