Sponsored

Trainer Steve Clifford

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 RAV4 XSE
I had some time on a rainy Saturday to look at the new Tacoma and noticed that there are some new features packed into the MID. I'm particularly impressed with the pitch and roll gauges on a non-TRD Offroad model.

Sponsored

stillgotomx

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Hey Steve, really appreciate all your vids, and finally mastered setting up the new Multi-information-display, only to find that I lose all the settings as soon as I turn of the Tacoma.....Is there something I am doing wrong, or is this a resolvable issue? thx

OP
OP
Trainer Steve Clifford

Trainer Steve Clifford

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 RAV4 XSE
Hey Steve, really appreciate all your vids, and finally mastered setting up the new Multi-information-display, only to find that I lose all the settings as soon as I turn of the Tacoma.....Is there something I am doing wrong, or is this a resolvable issue? thx
There are two settings that will not "sticky" in the system. The tire pressure monitor and the maps will disappear. The maps will come and go but the tire pressure you just have to find when you want it. I didn't put that in the video because I had honestly forgotten that this happens. Toyota is aware of it and it isn't exclusive to the Tacoma. Every new Toyota with the 3 panel MID does this.

stillgotomx

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Well, I was including the tire pressure in one of those, so I'll take that out and see if there is a difference. But meter settings, like the appearance of the dials, goes away every time, and invariably, the MPG information comes back to present itself every time, and I really don't want to see that. This whole MID set up is frustrating in that things don't "stick" as you put it. Thanks for you expertise!

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
Well, I was including the tire pressure in one of those, so I'll take that out and see if there is a difference. But meter settings, like the appearance of the dials, goes away every time, and invariably, the MPG information comes back to present itself every time, and I really don't want to see that. This whole MID set up is frustrating in that things don't "stick" as you put it. Thanks for you expertise!
That’s weird. I have changed mine several times and it always stays on what I change it to. I did just recently get my truck though. Maybe they updated the software before I got it?

Sponsored

Zanez

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road
I have the same problem with the MID sticking. I wish you could make the settings to pull up the same screen as when you got out of the truck.

stillgotomx

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
total drag...I'm sure some kind of software reset could fix it. Would removing and replacing the battery cables do it?

OP
OP
Trainer Steve Clifford

Trainer Steve Clifford

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 RAV4 XSE
total drag...I'm sure some kind of software reset could fix it. Would removing and replacing the battery cables do it?
Not likely. This same issue exists on every Toyota with the 3 panel multi-information display. It is a known issue and the engineers seem at a loss to solve it.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Not likely. This same issue exists on every Toyota with the 3 panel multi-information display. It is a known issue and the engineers seem at a loss to solve it.
Sort of a different problem but how about the "custom" drive mode settings in the Limited trim that don't allow you to customize them? Do you know if Toyota is aware of this issue?
Sponsored