New Owner TRD Sport

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
Good morning, just picked up a 24 Tacoma TRD Sport in underground over the weekend. My previous vehicle is a 2017 base model Jeep Renegade which started to become unreliable. I cross shopped the tacoma with the Chevy trail boss, Ranger FX4, Bronco, Gladiator, and even a few full size trucks.

I come from off roading, before the renegade had a JK wrangler rubicon sitting on 37's so I was really dead set on a TRD OR. I put a deposit on one but wasn't expected to arrive til November. Then the renegade crapped out on me and I my timeline changed for needing a new vehicle. I found an OR at the nearest dealer with all of the options I wanted aside from the 14' infotainment. Called to confirm it was still there and then an hour later when I arrived it had sold.

They had a Sport sitting on the lot in underground with not many options other than the 14" screen and seat heaters. After test driving it and talking to my wife we decided this truck would work for us. As much as I wanted all of the off road tech the reality is I don't think I would actually use it very often and I believe with some new tires, the sport will still be a very capable off roader.

I have been lurking on the forums since February and now, finally, proud to say I am a new owner! A big thank you to this forum for offering me hours of entertainment and providing me all of the knowledge needed to narrow down my choice to the Tacoma. I look forward to continuing to learn, see everyones builds, and eventually start sharing a build of my own.

Haven't taken any good photos of the new truck yet but here is one my wife snapped while I was washing it over the weekend.

2024 Tacoma New Owner TRD Sport tempImagezdNYrB
Sponsored

Dataman

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 1st Gen Toyota Tacoma
Congratulations on your new TRD Sport. I took possession of my blue TRD Sport in early June. I got it with the "premium" package, moonroof, camera system, power tailgate, 8 way power seats, and 18" TRD wheels.

Other than removing the air dam when I got home, I have only done one mod so far: I installed an "oogah" horn that I've had for a little over 2 decades now.

OP
OP
NewtoToyota

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
Removing the air dam was my first "mod", that alone really changes the look of the truck.

TacoJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Good morning, just picked up a 24 Tacoma TRD Sport in underground over the weekend. My previous vehicle is a 2017 base model Jeep Renegade which started to become unreliable. I cross shopped the tacoma with the Chevy trail boss, Ranger FX4, Bronco, Gladiator, and even a few full size trucks.

I come from off roading, before the renegade had a JK wrangler rubicon sitting on 37's so I was really dead set on a TRD OR. I put a deposit on one but wasn't expected to arrive til November. Then the renegade crapped out on me and I my timeline changed for needing a new vehicle. I found an OR at the nearest dealer with all of the options I wanted aside from the 14' infotainment. Called to confirm it was still there and then an hour later when I arrived it had sold.

They had a Sport sitting on the lot in underground with not many options other than the 14" screen and seat heaters. After test driving it and talking to my wife we decided this truck would work for us. As much as I wanted all of the off road tech the reality is I don't think I would actually use it very often and I believe with some new tires, the sport will still be a very capable off roader.

I have been lurking on the forums since February and now, finally, proud to say I am a new owner! A big thank you to this forum for offering me hours of entertainment and providing me all of the knowledge needed to narrow down my choice to the Tacoma. I look forward to continuing to learn, see everyones builds, and eventually start sharing a build of my own.

Haven't taken any good photos of the new truck yet but here is one my wife snapped while I was washing it over the weekend.

tempImagezdNYrB.png
Congratulations! I freaking love my TRD Sport 4X4 with sport upgrade+ (14" screen and moon roof) also in Underground. About to hit 3K miles and no issues. Live in Florida but have taken it through the NC mountains and it performed flawlessly. I've done some cosmetic mods to the exhaust and put some Rough Country shackles on front and back. Rough Country hard bed cover and switched up the factory TRD bed graphics for matte black ones. Added some TRD red in spots for some uniqueness. Great choice!

2024 Tacoma New Owner TRD Sport 20240705_114109

2024 Tacoma New Owner TRD Sport 20240705_114140

Reactions: MJE
OP
OP
NewtoToyota

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
Good looking truck! I have those rough country recovery points in my cart but was trying to make my mind up on their bed cover. What are your thoughts on the bed cover?
What part of Florida are you from? My wife and I are from Tampa but went up to the mountains of NC almost weekly to camp and enjoy nature. We finally decided to just move somewhere that offers that without a 9 hour drive.

Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I’ve had my sport plus since the end of May. Only things I did was new tires (slightly bigger) and I removed the air dam. Oh I guess OEM tonneau and cargo divider.

I can honestly say the truck is awesome. Everything I wanted.

Only other things I plan on doing are OEM bed mat, new TRD black rims, winter tires and maybe the MTS switch upgrade.

You will not regret your decision.

OP
OP
NewtoToyota

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
I’ve had my sport plus since the end of May. Only things I did was new tires (slightly bigger) and I removed the air dam. Oh I guess OEM tonneau and cargo divider.

I can honestly say the truck is awesome. Everything I wanted.

Only other things I plan on doing are OEM bed mat, new TRD black rims, winter tires and maybe the MTS switch upgrade.

You will not regret your decision.
I definitely want bigger tires since I plan to take it on some trails and the stock tires don’t look up to that challenge

I ordered the MTS switch yesterday so just waiting for that to come in.

I love this truck too, my dad has a 3rd gen I have driven a few times and I really liked it but this new one is really something else. Looking forward to many years enjoying it.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Super fun to drive. Not the best in the back seat. But my kids are grown.

Travels well. I got 24 MPG through the mountains this weekend. Probably 20% better than my old F150. It’s quick in sport mode as well.

I got the 6’ bed with the sport plus so a fair bit of cargo space as well.

OP
OP
NewtoToyota

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
What size tire did you go with Goriders?

guitarist alec

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport 4X4 Longbed Premium
Got a Sport Premium with the 6 foot bed and am loving it. Used it to move a bunch of cabinets the first day 🛻

I have applied two coats of wax over the last two weeks and it looks fabulous. Taking it from NorCal 🌲 up to Montana ⛰ tomorrow

After owning my 2nd Gen 12 years, this is quite an upgrade. A lot of friends commenting on how BIG it looks 😊 took some out of state visitors around SF yesterday and showed them crooked Lombard street which was a little tight getting down 👀
2024 Tacoma New Owner TRD Sport IMG_4455

Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
What size tire did you go with Goriders?
not way bigger. Stock was 265/65 r18. I bought 275/65 r18s I think. Really just wanted different tread and a bit wider. Bought Firestone Destination A/T2s. I really think them. Had KO2s on my F150 but didn’t need that heavy of a tire anymore for what I’m doing.

Going to get 255/70 r18 winters. Same diameter as the new summers.

Will probably have to get a new spare too.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Got a Sport Premium with the 6 foot bed and am loving it. Used it to move a bunch of cabinets the first day 🛻

I have applied two coats of wax over the last two weeks and it looks fabulous. Taking it from NorCal 🌲 up to Montana ⛰ tomorrow

After owning my 2nd Gen 12 years, this is quite an upgrade. A lot of friends commenting on how BIG it looks 😊 took some out of state visitors around SF yesterday and showed them crooked Lombard street which was a little tight getting down 👀
IMG_4455.jpeg
Wow. Shiny.
Sponsored