New taco..

Toy@home

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma.. SR5..rwd
Just purchased my Tacoma monday and I was handed the fobs and told enjoy your new truck. Didn't know the first thing about the onboard electronics so I've been sitting in it after work in my driveway for the past 4 days with all three manuels referencing back and forth from manuel to manuel and talk about feeling out of touch with computers, I've downloaded the toyota app and finally figured out how to work the multimedia system with my Samsung but it's still gonna take a while. Thanks for letting me hop on board here. I'll be full of questions. See you guys tomorrow....Dale
Sponsored

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
You should be calling Toyota corporate and telling them about your dealer experience. It doesn’t add up.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I agree about the dealer. One of the main things that needs to happen when a new car is delivered today is to get you familiar with all the tech. My wife and I had both kept our last vehicles for years and we are seriously behind, even though we both work in tech.

She keeps her manual out and probably checks something a couple of times a week, and we have had her car for months now. That gives me a preview of getting to know my Taco one of these days. The last two times I drove her car it threw things up on the heads up display that I had never seen before and that I had no idea what the car was trying to tell me. :)

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
I'd go back and ask for help. The they certainly dropped the ball on this. Also, unless things have changed, you should get a survey from Toyota soon about the buying experience. Theses survey's are used to determine allocations and other items important to dealers.

Sponsored

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Congrats. Feel free to ask away here as well. I have no problem helping in any way. I think I have most of it figured out.

SilverSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
LOL, my pdi form was pristine in the vehicle manual envelope when I opened it a few days after purchase. That’s when I found the wallet key, too. Didn’t know that was a feature on my particular truck.

My washed truck had bird crap spots still on it. My salesman said it was a terrible job and since it was late told me to get it detailed and send them the bill.

OP
OP

Toy@home

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma.. SR5..rwd
Your dealer sucks. They should have taken the time and had you download the app and create an account...then help you set up the truck.
I agree about the dealer. One of the main things that needs to happen when a new car is delivered today is to get you familiar with all the tech. My wife and I had both kept our last vehicles for years and we are seriously behind, even though we both work in tech.

She keeps her manual out and probably checks something a couple of times a week, and we have had her car for months now. That gives me a preview of getting to know my Taco one of these days. The last two times I drove her car it threw things up on the heads up display that I had never seen before and that I had no idea what the car was trying to tell me. :)
Ha...ha...last vehicle I was driving was a 2003..f-150 ...Insert key, turn clockwise and drive..What the heck happened in 21 yrs. It's a bitch getting old.
Sponsored