Sponsored

Odd Buzzing noise on acceleration

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
Hi newer to the group!

I did a search and nothing came up so assuming maybe it’s normal, but I get this weird clicking/buzzing noise at lower RPM. Very noticeable while im driving in the parking garage at work. Tonight when I got home I parked the truck in the driveway popped the hood and took a video.

Let me know what you think.

Sponsored

taco4r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport 6MT
I don't know what it is but my 6MT does this too and I also wondered if it is normal.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
I don't know what it is but my 6MT does this too and I also wondered if it is normal.
Its a very strange noise ahaha

I got a service apt set up for this Monday so well see what they say, but i also posted the video in a 4th gen facebook group and everyone there is saying its normal. I cant hear it when im in the truck windows closed, but if im rolling through the city or the garage on my way to work i can hear it slightly when the windows are down.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I also get this in my 6MT but I've only ever noticed it in second gear when giving the slightest amount of throttle, and it's definitely not this loud. I was concerned until I heard yours lol

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
I also get this in my 6MT but I've only ever noticed it in second gear when giving the slightest amount of throttle, and it's definitely not this loud. I was concerned until I heard yours lol
Yeah it’s not always that loud, but yesterday it was def louder than usual.
I notice the same thing lower RPM and throttle I can hear the noise get slightly louder and then disappear when I let off the accelerator.

the one on the dealer lot I checked today seemed to do the same thing but it was more constant where mine is not.

Im dropping it to the dealer Monday, see what they say!

Sponsored

26wx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
It's probably the D4S system...the injectors. See the thread in this section from jdr below.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Yeah it’s not always that loud, but yesterday it was def louder than usual.
I notice the same thing lower RPM and throttle I can hear the noise get slightly louder and then disappear when I let off the accelerator.

the one on the dealer lot I checked today seemed to do the same thing but it was more constant where mine is not.

Im dropping it to the dealer Monday, see what they say!
Let us know your findings! I was assuming injectors as well. These 4 cyl make some god awful noises.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
It's probably the D4S system...the injectors. See the thread in this section from jdr below.
Just saw his thread and its spot on to mine! Thanks for that info. I commented on his thread also. Ill keep the apt with service just to have them document it, but makes me feel alooottt better.

Thanks

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
UPDATE!

I just got back from the dealer appointment and was told the engine noise i was experiencing is 100% normal. While it was there i had them inspect a slight rattle i was getting from around the front left side of the truck and seems they diagnosed that as the inner wheel well flaps, was told they can dig into a little deeper but i needed my truck back to get to work on time, he said worst case they can remove them to see if the noise goes away. Ill trouble that other noise myself between now and the 5K visit. If it's still there ill have them dig into that more. They gave me paperwork to document the visit and sent me on my way.

Thanks everyone also for your input.
Sponsored

Last edited: