Sponsored

Power Station for truck bed 2024 Tacoma SR5?

Wolvie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Asking experts once again.
Can I purchase the power station for back of bed. (The one that comes with TRD package) And if so after cutting bed liner where it goes, is it plug and play behind brake light? ( Meaning all wires are there for power station)

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

timetoeatpotatoes

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D:
What if you put it under the seat where the hybrid battery usually goes? Do a dual battery setup with dcdc charger.

OP
OP

Wolvie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
What if you put it under the seat where the hybrid battery usually goes? Do a dual battery setup with dcdc charger.
That’s sounds good, but I would know how. That’s why I hoping I can just buy the power station and cut and plug in.
Thanks for the information though

Sponsored

OP
OP

Wolvie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Correct, but has regular plug end not cigarette lighter.
Also I coach softball, and want to run my pitching machine that I have for practice instead of bringing generator to field.

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
Correct, but has regular plug end not cigarette lighter.
Also I coach softball, and want to run my pitching machine that I have for practice instead of bringing generator to field.
So you need 120 volts. The stock system includes the dash switch, the interior 120-volt plug, the wiring harness, the inverter, and the exterior plug plus the bed trim.

It would be a lot simpler to purchase the appropriate inverter and a marine outlet for the bed such as a NOCO GCP1 Port Plug.

OP
OP

Wolvie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Thank you for the explanation, I wouldn’t know what all is needed or called. You totally explained that to me that I really did understand everything.
Where could I buy the NOCO GCP1 port plug? Amazon?
Thank you again for the information.
Sponsored