Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I bought the Proclip Center Dash Mount and the MagicMount Charge Elite Wireless Phone Holder (which is technically by Scosche but I bought it through ProClip). These two combo is kind of pricey being $35 + $70 full price respectively. But if you time it right or sign up for their first purchase discount code, you may be able to get around 15% off like I did. Comparatively, I think they're similar price to a RAM mount system or Peak design that offers similar features.

Here are my initial thoughts and impressions:

ProClips system is a two piece system. You gotta buy the mount that's made specifically for your vehicle because their mounts utilizes specific dashboard plastic that the mount can attach to. And the phone holder itself, which various based on phone, size, wireless charging capability, etc. My phone charge is Qi-2, fast charging, and comes with a cigarette adapter and some cable management (but I didn't use them).

There isn't a lot of empty plastic area on the dashboard to attach a phone mount to in this car. I bought this one specifically because it mounts to the exact area I want my phone to mount in and doesn't attached to the actual vent blade itself. It basically wedges itself into the top and bottom grooves that's on the inside edge and hold it into place. And it fits surprising well and very solid with no movement. You can view their official installation video to get a better idea.

Then you just attached your phone holder to the mount itself. Mine has a ball socket system so it's adjustable. Again it's very solid once tighten. It has a built in cable and cable management that you can wrap around the mount itself to adjust the length to nice and tidy. I tucked my cable into a gap that's underneath the A/C controls. Very convenient gap, thanks Toyota.

Overall it's a solid mount, wireless charging works great, and is very tidy. Only complaint so far is that it obviously takes up half of the vent but I'm still able to control the blades based on where I put the mount. Also, depending on where you put it and how big your phone is, it may be very close to the shift lever. I pulled mine away to take the pics so it doesn't show this.

Yes I have the build in wireless charger. No I don't like using it. I think it sucks.

2024 Tacoma ProClip Center Dash Mount & MagicMount Charge Elite combo -- review & photos IMG_7371

2024 Tacoma ProClip Center Dash Mount & MagicMount Charge Elite combo -- review & photos IMG_7372

2024 Tacoma ProClip Center Dash Mount & MagicMount Charge Elite combo -- review & photos IMG_7373

2024 Tacoma ProClip Center Dash Mount & MagicMount Charge Elite combo -- review & photos IMG_7374

2024 Tacoma ProClip Center Dash Mount & MagicMount Charge Elite combo -- review & photos IMG_7375

2024 Tacoma ProClip Center Dash Mount & MagicMount Charge Elite combo -- review & photos IMG_7377
Sponsored

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Nice job on the install! Also looks like its not blocking the vent since the left one is usually pointed at the driver.

Charizard

First Name
mart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro - Terra
For those looking at this setup they have about 6-7 different iphone holder attachments depending on style of case and device or others for a different devices / tablets. Right now the clip mount is $34.99. The same mount from OP is on sale for $59.50 ($10.50 off) and a few other phone mounts are on sale) Additionally 15% off code good through 11:59pm 10/6/24: ELECTRIC

Just bought and total for my setup and ship was less $100. Hadn’t found many other setups to put the phone where I wanted to reach when needed hands free while driving.
Sponsored