TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Instructions have you pop the clip covering this hole, not sure why
And does that clip cover a hole in the frame or is that part of the slider? I don't see why you would need to do that if it doesn't interfere and why would you want an open hole in your frame? I don't get it.

OP
OP
MT-Taco

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
And does that clip cover a hole in the frame or is that part of the slider? I don't see why you would need to do that if it doesn't interfere and why would you want an open hole in your frame? I don't get it.
Me neither…

Sponsored

Dagr Wolff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off-Road Tacoma
Drilled the hole in question, painted, and had just enough room to get them on, not the ordeal I was planning for but it worked out.
IMG_0560.jpeg

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Drilled the hole in question, painted, and had just enough room to get them on, not the ordeal I was planning for but it worked out.
Looks good @Dagr Wolff - With the paint you can hardly tell that you adjusted that location - plus your new sliders will be protected. I am getting a better idea of what I will have to do when mine get here.

Question: About that plug you are supposed to remove. It would be interesting to see if the plugs are there on the TH. It has OEM sliders from the factory and hopefully they have a clue. So shouldn't the plugs being there or not, be based on what Toyota did with OEM sliders?

I might still be missing something here. lol

Dagr Wolff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off-Road Tacoma
Looks good @Dagr Wolff - With the paint you can hardly tell that you adjusted that location - plus your new sliders will be protected. I am getting a better idea of what I will have to do when mine get here.

Question: About that plug you are supposed to remove. It would be interesting to see if the plugs are there on the TH. It has OEM sliders from the factory and hopefully they have a clue. So shouldn't the plugs being there or not, be based on what Toyota did with OEM sliders?

I might still be missing something here. lol
I’ll probably end up ordering a replacement plug, mine broke on the way out passenger side. I didn’t bother removing it driver side.

I should also mention mine arrived missing pretty decent chunks of powdercoat. I got rustoleum hammered black to touch them up.

What a mess, I’m feeling a certain way about RCI at this point.
Sponsored