Sponsored

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
Trailhunter just hit 500 miles

Total is 18.3 and increases by .1 every time I drive it. Best I've seen is 24.6 on a 22 mile 70/30 city/hw trip. This is using the dash computer as well. Might be a little better hand calulated.

What I will say is that the range remaining number is essentially useless and is not accurate

I LOVE THIS TRUCK THOUGH!

2024 Tacoma Real-Life MPG Thread - Share Your 2024+ Tacoma 4th Gen's Gas Mileage! ⛽ A74DF79C-1839-4A41-956B-A5033880BDAF
2024 Tacoma Real-Life MPG Thread - Share Your 2024+ Tacoma 4th Gen's Gas Mileage! ⛽ 85014816-1076-40BB-A683-F54F99154B78
Sponsored

Last edited:

Madmez

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav
I get garbage MPG i am at 16 stock height/tires. But I live in a very hilly area its nearly 100% 'city' driving. Its a little frustrating that I can get in the truck and it says say 240miles to empty...i'll drive maybe 6 miles and it will say 220 miles to empty. On the highway I have gotten around 22-23... this is my offroad upgrade w/ no front spoiler

When my truck broke down they gave me a SR5 longbed for a week. I got very noticeable better mileage. I put around 400 miles on the rental and I was getting 18-19 around town and up to 25+ on the highway. Different tires + front spoiler and flatter area to drive around.

I still have never touched 25mpg in my Offroad even with 93 octane. The SR5 was cruising at 25mpg easily on regular gas.
I get the same as you and I live in an area with hills and I do mostly city and short commutes of 8 miles a trip. The best I've gotten was 18 and idk how. That's with ac off. With on I'm getting 15. I have a sport with the chin off.

Doctor Dirt

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma i-force Max offroad premium
I purchased a 2024 Tacoma Hybrid off-road premium and I'm struggling to get 17 mpg. It only has 200 miles on it so I'm hoping it's just breaking in. Most miles in small town back and forth with very little highway. I love the truck just confused because all these people posting 20+mpg.

Update 8/1/24
326 miles, now averaging around 20 mpg. Arizona 112° a/c almost always on. Going to town (downhill I've seen avg 30-44 mpg) back home uphill I've seen 11-15 mpg)

2024 Tacoma Real-Life MPG Thread - Share Your 2024+ Tacoma 4th Gen's Gas Mileage! ⛽ Resized_20240718_193425_1721418808637

Last edited:

AnotherRandomWhiteGuy

First Name
Another
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2001
I purchased a 2024 Tacoma Hybrid off-road premium and I'm struggling to get 17 mpg. It only has 200 miles on it so I'm hoping it's just breaking in. Most miles in small town back and forth with very little highway. I love the truck just confused because all these people posting 20+mpg.

Resized_20240718_193425_1721418808637.jpeg
Are you just going off with the computer says or calculating it yourself?

Sponsored

Doctor Dirt

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma i-force Max offroad premium
Are you just going off with the computer says or calculating it yourself?
Reading the "average mpg" in the gauge cluster. Yesterday when I shut the truck off after driving to town (downhill) the center black screen said "Trip A 34.8 mpg". When I got home, the center black screen said "Trip A 15.4 mpg" yet the gauge cluster says 17.2 mpg (blue colored line".

soupy1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Long Bed
Still breaking mine in (<500 mi)
Just did about 100 miles round trip. Country highway at 6300-7000 ft elevation, no really steep grades but plenty of up and down, mostly 55-65MPH, and about 20 miles on gravel road at ~20MPH.
Computer says 25.3 mpg (reset at start of trip).
I think speed is going to have a lot to do with mileage we get.

guitarist alec

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport 4X4 Longbed Premium
20 mpg average on 1200 freeway miles / 70-80 mph. . . about 360 miles a tank, w around 17.4 gallons needed to fill up . . , this after going about 20 miles after truck said I had 0 miles left in my tank 👀

TRD Sport Premium 4X4 Longbed
Pretty pleased overall 👍

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I bought a TRD sport and have about 7000 kms on it now. I’ve done a lot of highway driving and I average about 10.3 liters/100 kms or 23 MPG on the highway and 11.5 l/100km or 20.5 MPG in the city.

I took the air dam off and slightly upsized my tires. I have tried all 3 drive modes and find normal mode gets the best numbers on the highway. Also find a big drop in fuel economy above 65 MPH. Turbo starts kicking in more above 65.

i actually think eco mode gets the worst numbers.

The range estimator on the highway from full to zero is about 580 kms or 360 miles. With the excess left in the tank I think you could get to 680 km or 425 miles if you wanted to gamble.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Highway speed is a big factor. Any vehicle will have a dramatic drop in fuel mileage above 60 mph because aerodynamic drag increases fast at speeds above 60.

Of course we never drive that slowly, but it is likely that the EPA tests were done at a speed lower than the freeway speeds on our roads today.

Last edited:

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
500 miles on Sport Premium. Mix of highway and city. Avg 18.5

soupy1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Long Bed
Just back from short trip.
197.4 mi using 7.49 gal for 26.3 mpg. Computer had 27.2

Country highway in mountains. Speed 45-65 (mostly 55). Elevations ranging from 6500-~8000
Cruise control on at speed limits for most of the trip.

I'm sure it's going to suck once I get on the freeway and even worse once I get the cap on it, but I am really surprised.
Maybe I'll just not check the mileage any more after this. :)

TRD OR Long Bed
Just 250 Lb driver and about 30 Lb of the usual backseat stuff.
470 total miles on truck including this trip.

NoNo

First Name
MrNo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
There is a lot of BS being posted about fuel economy, particularly the need for the truck to "learn" your driving, or get past the break-in period for good fuel economy. I picked my TRD OR up at the dealer with 9 miles on it, drove it 400 miles home in mixed driving (mostly staying off the interstate), and averaged 26.5 mpg for the whole trip (it was relatively flat). That included playing around in all three modes, ECO, Normal, and Sport. Since then the worst I've gotten for any reasonable distance is about 17mpg, which was very short trips of city driving, but I live in a small city so it's not the same as driving in bumper to bumper non-stop traffic in a big city. I have no trouble getting 26mpg up to 70mph in normal driving, I haven't really driven faster than that because I'm still in the break-in period. It's not too hard to get 22mpg+ driving around town. Everything on the truck is stock.

ECO definitely does the best job of trying to keep you out of boost, but I only noticed a small difference in mpg between ECO and Normal. Sport made it a little harder to stay above 26mpg. There were times where I was getting 30mpg on flat terrain, steady 55-65, not drafting.

There's nothing special about getting good fuel economy with this truck. Stay out of boost and don't drive like an idiot. I'm not the kind of person that speeds up to lights, I'm always watching ahead and adjust my speed according to traffic rather than constantly hitting the gas and brakes. That makes a world of difference. If I was heavy on the gas and using the turbo all the time in city driving I could definitely see getting 10-12mpg. I expect when I'm out of the break-in period my mpg will come down because Sport mode is too much fun. I'm very happy with the turbo 4 simply because it feels good even driving like a grandma and getting 30mpg when I want to save money, but I can also just change modes, get into the turbo constantly, and have fun driving like a maniac.

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
There is a lot of BS being posted about fuel economy, particularly the need for the truck to "learn" your driving, or get past the break-in period for good fuel economy. I picked my TRD OR up at the dealer with 9 miles on it, drove it 400 miles home in mixed driving (mostly staying off the interstate), and averaged 26.5 mpg for the whole trip (it was relatively flat). That included playing around in all three modes, ECO, Normal, and Sport. Since then the worst I've gotten for any reasonable distance is about 17mpg, which was very short trips of city driving, but I live in a small city so it's not the same as driving in bumper to bumper non-stop traffic in a big city. I have no trouble getting 26mpg up to 70mph in normal driving, I haven't really driven faster than that because I'm still in the break-in period. It's not too hard to get 22mpg+ driving around town. Everything on the truck is stock.

ECO definitely does the best job of trying to keep you out of boost, but I only noticed a small difference in mpg between ECO and Normal. Sport made it a little harder to stay above 26mpg. There were times where I was getting 30mpg on flat terrain, steady 55-65, not drafting.

There's nothing special about getting good fuel economy with this truck. Stay out of boost and don't drive like an idiot. I'm not the kind of person that speeds up to lights, I'm always watching ahead and adjust my speed according to traffic rather than constantly hitting the gas and brakes. That makes a world of difference. If I was heavy on the gas and using the turbo all the time in city driving I could definitely see getting 10-12mpg. I expect when I'm out of the break-in period my mpg will come down because Sport mode is too much fun. I'm very happy with the turbo 4 simply because it feels good even driving like a grandma and getting 30mpg when I want to save money, but I can also just change modes, get into the turbo constantly, and have fun driving like a maniac.
I agree totally with this assessment.
Sponsored