Recommended dealers for norcal?

timetoeatpotatoes

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D:
Hey all ready to start actually shopping and visiting dealers, looking at a Trailhunter or possibly a hybrid offroad premium.

I'm in SF bay area. Anyone have any recommendations on dealers to check out? I'm willing to drive 3-5 hours or so, I have feeling delaers local to the bay will either be marked up to the hilt or have a huge waiting list.

Trying to get as close to MSRP and avoid as many dealer addons as I can but understand the demand.

Thanks for any tips!
Sponsored

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
Hey all ready to start actually shopping and visiting dealers, looking at a Trailhunter or possibly a hybrid offroad premium.

I'm in SF bay area. Anyone have any recommendations on dealers to check out? I'm willing to drive 3-5 hours or so, I have feeling delaers local to the bay will either be marked up to the hilt or have a huge waiting list.

Trying to get as close to MSRP and avoid as many dealer addons as I can but understand the demand.

Thanks for any tips!
IMO, your best bet to get started would be looking at the Toyota website to see what Tacoma Hybrid models are currently in stock at dealers around you. Can always adjust the search to expand your options as well. I know most Toyota dealers in the Central Valley of California are doing markups on the Trail Hunter and TRD PRO ranging from 5k-10k depending on what dealer you ask. All of the dealers Iā€™ve spoken with (Bakersfield, Visalia, Hanford, Selma, Clovis and Fresno) all have markups on the Trail Hunter and TRD PRO. Some of these dealers also have a wait list too. So you might have to call dealers if you want a Trail Hunter or TRD PRO. However, Iā€™m unsure if Toyota dealers are doing markups on the new Tacoma hybrids that are not Trail Hunters or TRD PRO. Hope this helps.

jaslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma DCLB
One Toyota in Oakland generally doesn't do markups even for halo trims - you can see their inventory on Toyota's site as well. Naturally as a consequence there's a long waitlist.

AutoNation Hayward does markups but significantly less than other dealers, and they don't nickel/dime with other PIO/DIOs.

Every other dealer in the NorCal region I've talked to are ridiculous with markups.

guitarist alec

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport 4X4 Longbed Premium
I can recommend Habibi at Hansel Toyota in Petaluma. . . hard working young man . . . he couldnā€™t get me my build be he sure tried šŸ˜“

Sponsored

TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Camry TRD, 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Had very great experience when I bought my OR at Stevens Creek Toyota in San Jose. They did advertise a ADM but got rid of it immediately when I said I would continue looking.

OP
OP

timetoeatpotatoes

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D:
appreciate everyone's advice! I'll be starting calling and visiting this weekend.

TacosR4me

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma SX

Thanks for any tips!
I have an ice cap long bed Iā€™m thinking of selling for a short bed. 81miles

Bluznvice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR LB Bronze Oxide
Elk Grove for sure, Marin but their finance department is sketchy, Jimmy Vasser in Napa. All charged MSRP but of course wanted to push dealer add ones.

JHTeacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 (Blue Crush)

Thanks for any tips!

If you don't mind traveling a little further I highly recommend Klamath Falls Toyota in Oregon, which is only 19 miles over the California/Oregon border. This is where I purchased the exact truck I was looking for and they were amazing to conduct business with. The only hybrid off road premium they have listed on their website has a sale pending (it is an bronze oxide truck), but it looks like they may still have a trailhunter available. It is listed at $5,000 above MSRP. I have included the link:

https://www.klamathfallstoyota.com/...falls-OR-608096c5ac184fd804b4da7a16b9c93b.htm

Wishing you much luck on your search!

Sponsored

RollingThunder

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I was in the same boat about a month ago until I got mine. Like someone suggested, check the toyota website for your area to see who has what. I was also checking an allocation list that is floating around. It looked like Freeman in Santa Rosa had pretty good inventory. Also check out City Toyota in Daly City. They are part of the Costco Auto Program which I highly recommend. THe program was offering up to $3800 off MSRP which is about what I ended up getting. More than what other dealers were offering. Working with the Costco program eliminates the haggling and upsell because dealers cannot adjust the markup or change the discount. Only thing they can do to get some money back from you is sell you extended warranties. All it took was filling out a form on Costco's website and then they refer you to a dealer. In my case, it was City Toyota. I called some other dealers to see if they could do a Costco discount or match up and they either weren't in the program or could not match it.

OP
OP

timetoeatpotatoes

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D:
Are the hybrids and halo trims available via the costco program?

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are the hybrids and halo trims available via the costco program?
Iā€™m unsure if Costcoā€™s auto program has access to hybrid Tacomaā€™s considering most dealers barely have any hybrid tacomaā€™s in stock at the moment, but it never hurts to ask especially if you end up paying below MSRP. Keep us posted for anyone else who might be curious about using the Costco auto program. What Tacoma are you interested in?

OP
OP

timetoeatpotatoes

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D:
Ideal would be a bronze oxide short bed trailhunter but I'm also really looking at the TRD offroad hybrid with premium package. I'd be satisfied if I could get it at MSRP. Have a feeling the hybrids will all be pretty hard to come by.

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ideal would be a bronze oxide short bed trailhunter but I'm also really looking at the TRD offroad hybrid with premium package. I'd be satisfied if I could get it at MSRP. Have a feeling the hybrids will all be pretty hard to come by.
Sounds like a sweet truck. A broker named Jim recently posted a trailhunter at MSRP 1k broker fee a day or two ago. I donā€™t recall the color or bed length. Considering most dealers are charging a 5-15k markup, might not be a bad idea. Let me try to find that post
Sponsored