TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
That looks like a really nice tonneau.

I will be getting some brand of this type of cover, well, once I have my truck.

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
I want to love it, but that's such a huge loss of room at the front, however it looks better than most retractable ones I've seen

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
I have one on my 3rd gen 6ft bed and every now and then I wish i had that lost foot of space...looks great but I would never get one with a 5 foot bed...jmho

chon_jee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x2 Double Cab
I really need a tonneau cover for my 5ft as well and have been debating back and forth between this and a flip cover.
End goal is to be able to put on a crossbar for my Yakima basket when I need it... which roll-up seems most convenient for access... but I also use this truck to haul stuff and want to maximize storage....

Synetic also seems to make a good roll-up, I don't know if it takes up more/less space.

cyranodabum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD OR Hybrid
I installed my RetraxPRO XR last night. There were a few gotchas that made it take a lot longer than necessary, so hopefully, this post might save someone else some time.

First, don't follow the installation video for the 2022 Tundra that's on the RealTruck product site. Or at least, watch it, but also download the RetraxONE/PRO Tonneau Cover Tacoma iSheet instructions. At 5:11 of the install video, I realized that my kit did not have the white spacers that you see here:

2024 Tacoma Retrax Pro XR Retractable Tonneau Cover Installed on 2024 Tacoma 1728061267952-h2

That's when I realized these instructions aren't exactly the same as for the Tacoma, so I downloaded the instructions I linked above and found that I had actually needed to install a different aluminum spacer on the rails first before putting the whole thing on the truck.

I made a second mistake where I didn't extend the cover far enough when attaching the side rails, and I only realized that after the assembly was on the truck and the cover wouldn't unroll. There's a small metal plate under each side of the retractable cover that needs to extend past this bump stop before you screw on the two side rails.

2024 Tacoma Retrax Pro XR Retractable Tonneau Cover Installed on 2024 Tacoma 1728068992201-o5

Anyway, the third time's the charm, and I finally got it all installed and am very happy with the cover.
Sponsored