Retrax tonneau with bed rack?

MTTH24

First Name
Ofrode
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TH on way
Anyone done a Retrax tonneau with a bed rack? Looking to put a Kuat Ibex bed rack on top of a Retrx XR tonneau using its’ T-rails, but would prefer a more beefy bed rack (ARB or RCI or new iKamper) with the Retrax. Just don’t know if the Retrax will work with those racks (which attach to the interior bed rails).
Sponsored

taco4moro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
just a heads up all bed racks, including the beefier ones, will be limited in load capacity due to the aluminum t rails on the retrax, most racks will have a dynamic load capacity no less than 300lbs but that is reduced when attached to a tonneau. i've seen multiple reports of t bolts pulling and bending the rails of the t-slots on the cover

i was planning to go the rack + tonneau route too but with a tent and basic gear i'd already be pushing +250lbs on the rack

OP
OP

MTTH24

First Name
Ofrode
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TH on way
Thanks. Yes, I'm putting an iKamper tent on top and was concerned about that. The Ibex itself doesn't look incredibly sturdy for serious overlanding. I did see a taco with a RCI bed rack installed on the bed rails with a Retrax (no t-rails) on top, but I was wondering if that would break the Retrax seal and leak.

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
I have the retrax pro xr with the Yakima overhaul HD racks. Have a tent on currently as well

FlyAngler

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super White Tacoma Sport AT DC SB
Agreed re: weight limit. Easy to hit it. I love my Retrax XR Pro on my 3rd gen, but when my Trailhunter arrives I will probably figure out different setup that can handle more weight. Just about anything can fit on the Retrax since it uses a T-rail system. The weight limit is the issue.
2024 Tacoma Retrax tonneau with bed rack? Taco Loaded

Sponsored

sugammadex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD PRO
I have the retrax pro XR on my 2024 TRD Pro and I added the Yakima Skyline towers with HD bars and adapters (landing pad 26) and have a ikamper DLX mini on it.

OP
OP

MTTH24

First Name
Ofrode
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TH on way
Nice! Can you share a photo? That’s exactly what I am looking at. Also, Yakima has plug and play molle panels for the HD. Did you consider those?

sugammadex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD PRO
I have the low profile bed rack - the Skyline towers. If I would upgrade, I would go for the outpost, not the overhaul. Overhaul is so damn tall

sugammadex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD PRO
I would consider the Uptop bedrack since they’re compatible with the Retrax Pro. I live in the east coast so only time I will have the bed rack on is when I am going camping. It will be hoisted up whenever not in use. Because of that, I like the ease of the Yakima series whenever I need to disconnect the rack

OP
OP

MTTH24

First Name
Ofrode
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TH on way
Right, but the Overhaul HD are adjustable height. I guess it allows you to still get the benefit of the digital rear view camera placed at the top back of the cab.

Sponsored

reklov

First Name
@VentureOutTRD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD OFF-Road Premium
I’ve got the same setup with the overhaul HD and sidebars. Seems to make it a lot more stable on the t-slots. Mine is the long bed RetraxPRO XR which retrax finally released last month.

2024 Tacoma Retrax tonneau with bed rack? IMG_1651

2024 Tacoma Retrax tonneau with bed rack? IMG_1652

TRDmarkey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro Tacoma
I have the retrax pro XR on my 2024 TRD Pro and I added the Yakima Skyline towers with HD bars and adapters (landing pad 26) and have a ikamper DLX mini on it.
[/QUOTE

Can anyone please provide me with the distance between the T-Slot channels on the 4th Gen ReTrax Pro XR? I have the Outpost HD already and want to get it adjusted for when my ReTrax arrives in a couple weeks.
Sponsored