OP
RIVAL 4x4

RIVAL 4x4

BASIC Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tundra TRD Pro
What are you guys anticipating pricing will be at on the different skid plates?
Will be releasing pricing in April. Should be about same as what we have on our current Tacoma range +- $300/pc.
Sponsored

ebtea

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Will the transmission skid plate work on an m/t as well?

OP
OP
RIVAL 4x4

RIVAL 4x4

BASIC Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tundra TRD Pro
OP
OP
RIVAL 4x4

RIVAL 4x4

BASIC Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tundra TRD Pro
PRE-ORDERS OPEN SOON.​

IMG_7154.jpeg

OP
OP
RIVAL 4x4

RIVAL 4x4

BASIC Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tundra TRD Pro
IMG_7151.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
RIVAL 4x4

RIVAL 4x4

BASIC Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tundra TRD Pro
IMG_7253.jpeg

Toy-truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Rival gave me a great opportunity to collaborate with them. I lend Rival my truck for some R&D and in return I get to keep a set of skid plates on my truck for real world test/use. My truck is a 2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4 auto transmission in double cab configuration. I am not a paid employee within the company and I am in no way obligated to post this. I did not need permission from them to post this nor did Rival saw this post before I posted in the forum. Even though I got my set of skid plates free of charge, it is not a finish/final product, therefore I could be getting a defective and/or prototype product that is not meant for real world use. Nor I and the company will potentially cross path again so I could potential bad mouth the company and their product lines. So my opinions are solely my honest opinions. Here are my take away from my experience. Take my opinion for what is it, just my own opinon. I do apologize for my bad grammer, run on sentences, and scattered thoughts. I am not a professional writer and English is my second language.

Products - The product is made out of 1/4 inch aluminum alloy. It is heavy duty for most real world scenarios. I know that most people will never see the underside of a truck so looks and design is not an important factor when choosing and buying a skid plate, but to me, the design of Rival skid plates is very nice to my eyes. The company didn't just made a smooth surface skid plate with no thoughts on the design and call it a day. They actually put some time, effort, and thoughts into designing the pattern and the vent holes into the product. There are no jagged/rough edges on the prototype. The product fits snug perfectly into factory mounting points that was already there. Rival did not have to fabricate any mounting points underneath the truck. The product have convenience points where owners of the truck have access to perform regular maintenance. This to me is important. I had previous experience with different brand maker of skid plates before that was an inconvenience to me to take off and put back on every time I need to perform regular maintenance.

Company - I do not own or run a consumer good/product company so I do not know what goes on the back end and I never actually put thoughts and research into how one operates. But the amount of time Rival put into their product speaks volume to me and I got to experience some of the back end logistics just being at the shop with Rival. A typical shop with a shop lift can installed the set of skid plates anywhere from 1-2 hours. Rival had my truck from 10 AM - 4 PM in a day. Rival not only installed the set of skid plates on my truck but spend hours after the installation to take measurement and critic their own product on where they can improve on. After installation, Rival took their time to make sure that no skid plates are rubbing, touching, and infering with factory components. As I meantion before, seeing how Rival operates to make sure their products are good for consumers speak volumes to me. Rival owns 4x4 vehilces that is modified for off roading capability means that they have some knowledge and experiences in what the consumer wants and needs on an off roading set of skid plates.

As far as any negative thoughts or reviews goes on their product, right now I do not have any. If I do, I will report back to the thread. I reside in Houston, TX and will not see the full solar eclispe on Monday April 08, 2024. I plan to take my kids to the out skirt of either Austin, TX or Waco, TX to experience the full solar eclispe. Since, I am out that way, I plan to hit the off road trails and put the skid plates to test/use.
Sponsored