Sponsored

hemlockz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 TRD Offroad 6MT
Wonderful! Nice halo truck, sounds like it suits you, and the family. I was reading and saw first mod was the for the visor, a Smith and Wesson M&P… pocketknife 👍 *double take* well yeah that’s sensible!
Sponsored

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks for a great write up! Can I ask, how did you attach the patches to the carpet? This is an idea I’ve had for my car, why not document your travels? But I wasn’t sure how to actually do this.

OP
OP
Ruissimo

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Have you noticed issues with your high air intake cover like others have mentioned? You’re the first I’ve seen on the forum post getting a TH after the QC hold and I wanted to see if you thought the cover was loose/too easy to remove.
I tugged at it at the dealership and it didn’t feel loose at all. I didn’t try to pull it off though - don’t want to risk loosening the plastic unnecessarily.

OP
OP
Ruissimo

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Thanks for a great write up! Can I ask, how did you attach the patches to the carpet? This is an idea I’ve had for my car, why not document your travels? But I wasn’t sure how to actually do this.
That Smoky Mountains patch came with a Velcro backing, but some do not. For those, get this and cut it to size with scissors:

HUAYY 3 Inches Width 1.5 Yards Length | self-Adhesive Hook and Loop Style Sheets | Super Sticky Glue Nylon Patch | Strips | Patch | Fastener,Black (3in x 1.5yd) https://a.co/d/aMb4YG7

You’ll want to use only the hook side for carpeted surfaces. If you’re applying them to a smooth surface, then you use both sides.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJE
OP
OP
Ruissimo

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Aug 23, 2024:

Trying out a cheap bed extender off Amazon. We will see how it performs.
  • Installed Bed Extender – To keep stuff close to the tailgate. I still need to move the two center pillars to ”grooves” on the bed floor, and center that dumb logo. I also installed the pillars backwards, so that needs fixed also. Looks like it will do the job for now.
IMG_3189.jpeg
Link: VEVOR Truck Bed Extender, Aluminum Retractable Tailgate Extender, 51.6"-64" Adjustable Length, Drill Required, Fits for Ridgeline, Tacoma, Gladiator, Colorado/Canyon, Frontier, and Ranger https://a.co/d/eJpdqDL

Sponsored

Tacomaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Highlander Hybrid
C’mon man, we want to see photos of your travels, not the Taco!
In all seriousness, hoping the new Tacoma will get you and your family to unforgettable places and bring unforgettable memories!

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
Aug 23, 2024:

Trying out a cheap bed extender off Amazon. We will see how it performs.
  • Installed Bed Extender – To keep stuff close to the tailgate. I still need to move the two center pillars to ”grooves” on the bed floor, and center that dumb logo. I also installed the pillars backwards, so that needs fixed also. Looks like it will do the job for now.
IMG_3189.jpeg
Link: VEVOR Truck Bed Extender, Aluminum Retractable Tailgate Extender, 51.6"-64" Adjustable Length, Drill Required, Fits for Ridgeline, Tacoma, Gladiator, Colorado/Canyon, Frontier, and Ranger https://a.co/d/eJpdqDL
Thats a lot more affordable than Toyotas.

Is that a tight fit vertically or would there be room for a bed mat too ?

A bit of black paint or even gorilla tape would fix the logo.

OP
OP
Ruissimo

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Thats a lot more affordable than Toyotas.

Is that a tight fit vertically or would there be room for a bed mat too ?

A bit of black paint or even gorilla tape would fix the logo.
Don’t use the OEM holes. This thing needs to sit higher to be level.

There’s at least one inch of space between the center pillars and the tonneau. You should be good no matter what mat you get. My bed has the spray on Bedliner, for reference.

Good call on the tape!

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Don’t use the OEM holes. This thing needs to sit higher to be level.

There’s at least one inch of space between the center pillars and the tonneau. You should be good no matter what mat you get. My bed has the spray on Bedliner, for reference.

Good call on the tape!
Ugh, I picked up the OEM version during the last sale. I should of waited.

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
How did you get the TRD emblem attached to the grill? I want one as well but wasn’t sure how it would attach to the new grill design. We are twinning also!!

IMG_0618.jpeg

Sponsored

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
That Smoky Mountains patch came with a Velcro backing, but some do not. For those, get this and cut it to size with scissors:

HUAYY 3 Inches Width 1.5 Yards Length | self-Adhesive Hook and Loop Style Sheets | Super Sticky Glue Nylon Patch | Strips | Patch | Fastener,Black (3in x 1.5yd) https://a.co/d/aMb4YG7

You’ll want to use only the hook side for carpeted surfaces. If you’re applying them to a smooth surface, then you use both sides.
Oh of course thanks Rui! Don’t ask me why I didn’t think of it. The hook side of Velcro would just stick right to the carpet easily enough.

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra,1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
Great job with all the those personal mods. I will be doing some of the same with my TH if I ever get it.. if you have some time in your schedule could you measure the height of the truck including the shark fin.. I’m getting a 74.6 measurement from the internet but I need to know the total height of the truck including that fin..trying to see if it will fit in my garage.."thanks

OP
OP
Ruissimo

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
How did you get the TRD emblem attached to the grill? I want one as well but wasn’t sure how it would attach to the new grill design. We are twinning also!!

IMG_0618.jpeg
Very nice truck :)

I had to McGiver it with duct and 3M tape. Seems to be holding up…

it will fall off at some point so I need to come up with a better solution

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
Niceeee!! Glad to see you’re enjoying your new TH and getting into it with mods. Those little personal touches make all the difference for making it your own.

I got a temp vin and build date for mine yesterday and I am soooooo stoked :)

OP
OP
Ruissimo

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70