Ruissimo

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
I’m getting a 74.6 measurement from the internet but I need to know the total height of the truck including that fin..trying to see if it will fit in my garage.."thanks
I had to measure by myself with no help, so please don't quote me, but I'm getting 72.5" to the highest part of the roof, plus 3.0" for the fin. 75.5" total?
Sponsored

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra,1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
Thank you for your time

OP
OP
Ruissimo

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
@Ruissimo would you mind sharing your checklist?
I had it in my To Do app, but this is basically it:
  • Check VIN matches what your dealer allocated to you
  • Check cold air intake cover isn’t loose
  • Check all four mounting points on roof have covers
  • Check tailgate alignment
  • Check bed scene lighting works
  • Check front seat floors for A/C leaks
  • Check for front license plate bracket
  • Check for window sticker
  • Check for owner’s manuals
  • Check for pigtails for AUX switches
  • Check for floor mats (some models)
  • Check each port or dealer installed option is on installed
  • Check tire pressure for overinflation
  • Check for JBL speaker (some models)
  • Check for ball mount
  • Check for receiver hitch pin
  • Walk around exterior of vehicle and check all body panels for imperfections
  • Check interior for defects, imperfections, scratches, etc.
  • Check for wiper trim warping
  • Check for credit card sized key
  • Check for general panel alignment
  • Check light bar/fog lights work
  • Check inverter works
  • Check compressor works (perfect while setting tires to 32psi)
I had more specific ones for the port installed options (spray on Bedliner, mud guards, tailgate insert letters, door edge guards and scuff protectors).

If I were you, I wouldn’t skip the dealer tutorial, especially when it comes to the app. I didn’t do it, and regret not learning about features. I’ve struggled a bit, especially with the gauge cluster (I’ve got it down now).

Let me know how else I can help.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ruissimo

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Let me know how it works out. Post some pics if ya can. :)
So I got those Velcro straps. All 24 of them, but I only needed one of the 18” size.

it was pouring outside but I managed to get it done. See pics below. I started with two straps (first pic) but it was too difficult to strap them both tightly so I went with just one in the install. Don’t wrap around just the grille - I went through the bracket directly behind the grille (at the same height) also. Turned out pretty clean, and now I won’t worry about it falling off.

IMG_3249.jpeg
IMG_3251.jpeg
IMG_3252.jpeg
IMG_3253.jpeg

Reactions: MJE

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
So I got those Velcro straps. All 24 of them, but I only needed one of the 18” size.

it was pouring outside but I managed to get it done. See pics below. I started with two straps (first pic) but it was too difficult to strap them both tightly so I went with just one in the install. Don’t wrap around just the grille - I went through the bracket directly behind the grille (at the same height) also. Turned out pretty clean, and now I won’t worry about it falling off.

IMG_3249.jpeg
IMG_3251.jpeg
IMG_3252.jpeg
IMG_3253.jpeg
Looks great!! I may have to give that a try for sure

SAR Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
  • Check for ball mount
I had more specific ones for the port installed options (spray on Bedliner, mud guards, tailgate insert letters, door edge guards and scuff protectors).

If I were you, I wouldn’t skip the dealer tutorial, especially when it comes to the app. I didn’t do it, and regret not learning about features. I’ve struggled a bit, especially with the gauge cluster (I’ve got it down now).

Thanks for the checklist. It certainly has things on there that I would've have thought to check.

jaslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma DCLB
  • Check for ball mount

Thanks for sharing. Great list. Here's a few additional things from my running list if it helps anyone:
- check for wiper trim warping
- check for credit card sized key
- check for general panel alignment
- check light bar/fog lights work
- check inverter works
- check compressor works (perfect while setting tires to 32psi)

OP
OP
Ruissimo

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Thanks for sharing. Great list. Here's a few additional things from my running list if it helps anyone:
- check for wiper trim warping
- check for credit card sized key
- check for general panel alignment
- check light bar/fog lights work
- check inverter works
- check compressor works (perfect while setting tires to 32psi)
These are good! I'll add them. I don't know where my interior check went lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ruissimo

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Aug 25, 2024:

Dash cam is back in!
  • Installed Blackvue DR900X-2CH Dash Cam – As I mentioned before, I couldn't keep driving without this. 3 days felt like an eternity, and while I'm waiting for a cleaner install solution, this will have to do. You can see a bit of the wires going from the dash cam up to the roof, and obviously a little of the wire going to the cigarette lighter. Waiting for a reply from Dongar on their solution... but for now, nothing else is visible and the cameras work perfectly. First picture is the driver view. Last picture is the rear cam.
2024.08.26 Dash Cam 1.jpg
2024.08.26 Dash Cam 2.jpg
2024.08.26 Dash Cam 4.jpg
2024.08.26 Dash Cam 3.jpg
2024.08.26 Dash Cam 5.jpg
2024.08.26 Dash Cam 6.jpg
2024.08.26 Dash Cam 7.jpg

Link: Amazon.com: BlackVue DR900X-2CH with 32GB microSD card | 4K UHD Cloud Dashcam | Built-in Wi-Fi, GPS, Parking Mode Voltage Monitor | LTE via Optional CM100 LTE Module : Electronics (I only buy from BlackVue directly, and really wanted to pull the trigger on their new model, but that will have to wait for a bit).

OP
OP
Ruissimo

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Aug 26, 2024:

Ditch lights are on, but not yet powered or wired. IMPORTANT PSA: The cold air intake / snorkel DOES get in the way of the passenger ditch light. I suspect a 2" light will be fine, but this one definitely wasn't. I will have to be careful lifting the hood all the way or risk bumping the light against the snorkel. FYI if you're considering this for a Trailhunter.
  • Installed Rough Country LED Ditch Light Kit – I'll need more time researching how to plug these into one of my AUX buttons. They're mounted for now, but not yet working.
2024.08.26 Ditch Lights Front.jpg
2024.08.26 Ditch Lights Driver 1.jpg
2024.08.26 Ditch Lights Driver 2.jpg
2024.08.26 Ditch Lights Driver 3.jpg
2024.08.26 Ditch Lights Passenger 1.jpg
2024.08.26 Ditch Lights Passenger 2.jpg

Trailcat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhunter (reserved)
Aug 25, 2024:

Dash cam is back in!
  • Installed Blackvue DR900X-2CH Dash Cam – As I mentioned before, I couldn't keep driving without this. 3 days felt like an eternity, and while I'm waiting for a cleaner install solution, this will have to do. You can see a bit of the wires going from the dash cam up to the roof, and obviously a little of the wire going to the cigarette lighter. Waiting for a reply from Dongar on their solution... but for now, nothing else is visible and the cameras work perfectly. First picture is the driver view. Last picture is the rear cam.

Link: Amazon.com: BlackVue DR900X-2CH with 32GB microSD card | 4K UHD Cloud Dashcam | Built-in Wi-Fi, GPS, Parking Mode Voltage Monitor | LTE via Optional CM100 LTE Module : Electronics (I only buy from BlackVue directly, and really wanted to pull the trigger on their new model, but that will have to wait for a bit).
Why Blackvue? I don't know much about dash cams, so just curious. I had a cheap Amazon special dash cam on a car once (three cars ago). I'd also like to see how you ran the wires. Especially for the rear, did you remove panels or just tuck the wires somehow?

Love the posts. Will definitely be using your checklist whenever I pick up my Trailhunter!

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Why Blackvue? I don't know much about dash cams, so just curious. I had a cheap Amazon special dash cam on a car once (three cars ago). I'd also like to see how you ran the wires. Especially for the rear, did you remove panels or just tuck the wires somehow?

Love the posts. Will definitely be using your checklist whenever I pick up my Trailhunter!
I have been searching for a dashcam. It is interesting to me but the Blackvue (it was the only I knew prior top my research) brand gets the worst reviews, gets hammered on features, price is the highest of all of them. Could be they don't "give" them to reviewers etc as you never know with reviews on YT but there is a guy that seems pretty independent at Vortex Radar and again he did not give them great remarks for the price.

OP
OP
Ruissimo

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
I tucked the wires in. Super easy.

As for BlackVue, I guess they’re turning into the Toyota of dashcams; all the YouTube reviews are negative, the sky is falling, don’t buy one, it’s overpriced, etc etc. but the ones I’ve owned have let me down exactly ZERO times in over a decade. They just last. So I keep buying them, not because they break, but because new ones have a few new features I want.

if someone out there points me in the direction of a better product, I’ll consider it.
Sponsored