Single zone vs dual zone climate control

MisterFlabby

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Owners of non premium packages, how do you find the single zone climate control? Did your previous vehicle have dual zone? Do you wish you had dual zone or is single zone satisfactory for you?
Sponsored

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
My 2020 and 2022 both had dual zone. I don't think either have ever been out of sync mode. My incoming Sport Plus is single mode.Not a big deal to me.

jside86

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Like everything, it depends on your needs. My spouse is always cold and she needs the heat on most of the time when I just want a small breeze of air. Dual temperature is heaven for couple like us!

OP
OP
MisterFlabby

MisterFlabby

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Like everything, it depends on your needs. My spouse is always cold and she needs the heat on most of the time when I just want a small breeze of air. Dual temperature is heaven for couple like us!
My wife is the same way but opposite, she is always hot so it’s always on low now even in the winter, then again she is pregnant so that might have something to do with it

SleepyBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma, TRD Off Road 4x4
I'm in the "always on sync anyway" crowd. I find the single zone works well. I thought I was going to miss it, but I don't. I have a fancy sedan for road trips anyway.

Sponsored

FirstTimeTruckBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Audi
My previous vehicle was a Grand Cherokee that had dual-zone, but I kept them in sync most of the time. My current vehicle (which I’ve had for over 10 years now) is a Subaru that has single-zone. I don’t miss the dual-zone climate controls.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I don't have the truck yet, but I'm going to chime in anyways. I've owned both dual and single and I have never in my life went "let me use the dual climate" if anything it annoys me when the sync button isn't pressed and I accidentally use the dual zone. Same with the lack of rear vents, whoop dee do. It has so little effect in my driving experience and my passengers experience.

Those are by far the most top two first world problems that I've seen people loosing their minds over about this truck. They act like they took the turbo out lol.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
In such a small cabin, my dual sone will probably always be in sync mode. I don’t have my manual handy and am wondering what the green LEDs mean on the two buttons when you press them on the dual mode system?

Last edited:

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
I don't have the truck yet, but I'm going to chime in anyways. I've owned both dual and single and I have never in my life went "let me use the dual climate" if anything it annoys me when the sync button isn't pressed and I accidentally use the dual zone. Same with the lack of rear vents, whoop dee do. It has so little effect in my driving experience and my passengers experience.

Those are by far the most top two first world problems that I've seen people loosing their minds over about this truck. They act like they took the turbo out lol.
Exactly! I have never understood how dual zone makes much difference, since the cabins are small spaces and air moves, although when it's a couple I can understand the difference having the vents pointed right at either person, but still. Has anyone ever had a thermometer in the front and rear seats to see how much difference there actually is having no rear vents; I can't imagine it's much at all.
Sponsored