So Cal Dealerships holding Trail Hunter

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
The only dealer I’ve heard of that does MSRP on higher end trim Toyota models around Central and Southern California is Longo Toyota, but imagine the waitlist would be absurd at this point. Toyota of Selma, Hanford, Fresno, Clovis, Visalia, and Bakersfield all had markups between $5,000-$10,000. 100% agree with you that $85629+ tax is ridiculous. I’d immediately end the call once they mentioned that price + tax
Sponsored

OP
OP

SP4RUNNER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Highlander
FINALLY! I have an update with the Trail Hunter fiasco. So I received a phone call from South Bay Toyota and the sales rep that was helping me out informed me that a buyer had backed out from a Trail Hunter deal they had! I told her I was going in to place my deposit and name on the truck. Now we wait ill update on the TACOMA and 4RUNNER with pictures once they arrive.

Quickreply1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Congrats! I tend to stretch out my inventory search area 500-1000 miles if local dealerships aren’t playing ball.

I picked up my 24 off-road “base” Tacoma and was in/out of the dealership in literally 15 minutes. Price quoted before I got there. Dick Hannah Toyota - Torivio was my salesperson.

If you don’t mind traveling on the west coast, the Portland area has some dealers who are willing to work with you. I’m sure there are other regions that do as well.

Also noticed many dealer direct sites advertise higher pricing than the same inventory through a site like cargurus.com. I’d start there, search inventory, confirm pricing and go from there. Worked for me, hope it helps others.

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
If you don’t mind traveling on the west coast, the Portland area has some dealers who are willing to work with you. I’m sure there are other regions that do as well
Haha this has NOT been my experience. Probably hurts me that I’m shopping for a TH, but everything is marked up. And when I expand my search beyond Portland the dealers tell me they will only sell a TH to locals.

But in fairness, most of the non-halo Tacomas have discounts at the closest dealer to me. And they are begging people to buy a Tundra.
Sponsored