Sponsored

Tacoma VIN Allocation Tracking / Delivery Timeline / Quality Inspection (QC) Hold Status

kweevuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 6MT OR
@Trainer Steve Clifford

I had a general question on the Guanajuato built ones. Looking over your other delivery question threads. I have noticed on my last vin lookup you did, and the few others shown as well, I do not see a vessel step. As in its at a rail head. Is it possible those go rail the entire way or just Toyota cuts that off in the status after a point? I assume after “rail arrive” status it just will be loading on a truck?
Sponsored

Chaladojr

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
Hey Steve, sorry to bother you on the weekend. Would you mind checking this one again for me?

3TMLB5JN4RM001726

Some “coffees” coming your way t

kweevuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 6MT OR
It depends on the destination. I've noticed that trucks going to the middle part of the US are sent by train from Guanajuato but East and West coast are sent by boat. I was unaware of that until I started doing all this tracking. There are also some that have more transportation steps than fit on a single screen. There is an arrow I can hit to scroll over to the other steps. That is why some don't show the VSP or deliver to the dealer on the screen.
Very interesting. I think your resume can now have logistics expert on it as well :)

Sponsored

Ag14587

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Hey Steve would you mind checking on mine? It hasn’t had any updates on the tracker since 2/21

3TYLB5JN1RT007973

Tacotee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma sport
Starting to wonder if the QC holds are a part of the process. Toyota ships “X” # of trucks, delivers them and then waits. Maybe they want to see how the production units are working to make sure no serious issues before they release the whole production inventory. Or they release in blocks of production runs, release a certain amount of units from a series of production dates, to see how they work. It is a new model year, and a retooled factory producing the trucks, so until the engineers are sure that the production line is “working” correctly they’ll continue to release slowly. It’s easier to fix any issues before they are sent to dealers, maintains Toyotas reputation. Just some thoughts going through my mind.
That's a great question. At the factory, there is a huge parking lot. Trucks are staged there for transport. At the Tijuana plant, they are transported via truck to National City CA where they are staged for loading onto rail cars. The train takes them to a railhead facility in the region they are to be sold (Annapolis MD in my case). They are again staged in a parking lot and then loaded onto trucks for transportation to the dealers.

In the case of Guanajuato, they are taken by truck to the port of Veracruz where they are loaded onto a cargo ship and taken to a port facility (in my case, Newark NJ) where they are again staged for delivery via truck.

At any of these staging points, the process can be stopped. They are all under Toyota control. Each region has at least one railhead and one port facility, although Newark serves as the port for Central Atlantic, New York and Boston regions.
2024 Tacoma Tacoma VIN Allocation Tracking / Delivery Timeline / Quality Inspection (QC) Hold Status IMG_5577
Mines is also at the port of Newark as of 2/27 dealer has no clue when it’s gonna move

abeabeabe

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GR Corolla, 2022 Ford Bronco, 2017 Fiesta ST
Hi Steve. I appreciate your work on tracking these. Could you help me out on VIN 3TYLB5JN7RT002437
I’ve known nothing about from my dealership other than it being allocated, but this was back like Early February. Thanks in advance.

M40A1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD
Hi Steve. I appreciate your work on tracking these. Could you help me out on VIN 3TYLB5JN7RT002437
I’ve known nothing about from my dealership other than it being allocated, but this was back like Early February. Thanks in advance.
Interesting... According to the allocation tracker (here: Allocation Tracker List), that vehicle is an Underground TRD Off-Road that is SOLD... Click on that allocation tracker spreadsheet link and then when the file opens navigate to the SOLD worksheet tab. Search it using your VIN and you will see it.

When Steve gets back next week maybe he'll run it for you and get a different answer... I am not convinced that tracker is completely accurate.

Sponsored

andymac

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
3TYLB5JN8RT09A984. Is mine stuck in a production black hole? A week past the build date and nothing? Thx.