Sponsored

Tacoma VIN Allocation Tracking / Delivery Timeline / Quality Inspection (QC) Hold Status

Nedloh227

First Name
Holden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Mine will have been at port in Veracruz 30 days tomorrow. I'm hoping that I am getting to the end of the wait... I get weekly updates from my dealer and hearing the same thing over and over is a little disheartening.
Sponsored

calicoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TRD OR
We only had one released and it hadn't been there for long. Everything else is stopped for the moment and as of this morning, nothing has been released. That can change during the day though.
Thanks for the update. Any idea what the longest wait has been around? Like were there trucks built in late Dec or early Jan that are still being held?

calicoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TRD OR
I think this is more complicated than that. I don't have ANY info on what is causing the holds and I have no info on how they are clearing them. I only know that there are multiple points where trucks are going to stack up and I don't know how they intend on touching each one.
Gotcha. I thought you could see how long these trucks were in the FI hold status.

Sponsored

havajohk

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
For those of you on QC hold, which trim are you getting? I'm wondering if it specific. I got some story about a delay for Floor Mats on Tuesday. Going to check back in tomorrow.
My Limited is on QC hold at the Toyota port in Houston. Dealer cannot give an eta. He said they are told to check on them every Friday

ForTheWin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
My Limited is on QC hold at the Toyota port in Houston. Dealer cannot give an eta. He said they are told to check on them every Friday
What happens on Friday? Wonder if these updates are in real time or not.

Dillon15s

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also wondering if Toyota tracker website is working on these Tacomas that have been released from QC?

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Also wondering if Toyota tracker website is working on these Tacomas that have been released from QC?
Yes it appears to be, but it will not tell you if it is out of QC Hold. I believe the vehicle will remain in "Freight" status until it reaches the dealer.

I'm looking at the spreadsheet and it appears 1300 vehicles in Freight or Ground status have been updated in the last 3 days.

Dillon15s

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it appears to be, but it will not tell you if it is out of QC Hold. I believe the vehicle will remain in "Freight" status until it reaches the dealer.

I'm looking at the spreadsheet and it appears 1300 vehicles in Freight or Ground status have been updated in the last 3 days.
Interesting. That’s great info, how are you able to tell what has been updated?

Sponsored

stillgotomx

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Does anyone know if there are some discriminating characters within a VIN that identify whether it is a temporary VIN vs a permanent one? I'm thinking mine may be a temp, and that is why it won't register in Toyota Tracker. Otherwise off to the dealer tomorrow to see about my Premium Off-Road.

kweevuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 6MT OR
Does anyone know if there are some discriminating characters within a VIN that identify whether it is a temporary VIN vs a permanent one? I'm thinking mine may be a temp, and that is why it won't register in Toyota Tracker. Otherwise off to the dealer tomorrow to see about my Premium Off-Road.
Temporary will have a letter in the last 4 or 5 (I forget which)