TERRA 2024 Tacoma Thread (4th Gen)

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
What do you think of the OEM tail gate letters?
I do like them, although originally I had not intended to get them. But my truck had them put on at the port and I had them until I had my PPF done. I wanted to remove the i-FORCE MAX logo because I thought it cluttered up the tailgate. My detailer asked if I had thought about the TRD PRO letters and we decided to give a try without them. Now I prefer the plain clean look of just the depressed letters more.

IMO it looks good either way, so It is really a win/win.

Here is a pict of the day it was delivered.

2024 Tacoma TERRA 2024 Tacoma Thread (4th Gen) TDDay2

Last edited:

Tacomonkey

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD pro (soon)
I agree with Tacofreak, it looks good either way, it has a slightly more subtle look without. I went back and forth on this and the body side moldings because I couldn't find any good pictures of them. In the end I got them both and like both more than I thought I would. The lettering looks great, and the moldings really blend in with the truck's lines from most angles. The plus side is the lettering and moldings can be removed if you change your mind. On the flip side it's an easy way to save a couple hundred bucks without really giving up anything.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@Tacomonkey The letters do look good and my wife was surprised when I decided to remove them. The black letters tie in with the other black trim and they look like they belong. I still have them and can put them back if I want. My detailer said that he has had tailgate letters color matched to the paint on some trucks and reinstalled them. That would be a blend of how they look both ways.

In the end I decided that it was kind of like people shouting in capital letters online. lol I decided that these trucks are so showy that they didn't need the extra bling. Pros have very little badging and I think that they let their bold design and stance do the talking.

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
The Pros look awesome all kitted out and doing their wildness thing, as intended.
Sponsored