Sponsored

calicoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TRD OR
Someone compiled a tracker showing how much (and which) dealerships have ADM on their 2024 Tacomas for all trims.

TOYOTA TACOMA MSRP TRACKER

2024 Tacoma Tracker: 2024 Tacoma MSRP Markups w/ Dealership Info (Updated Monthly) Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 11.52.32 AM

This page tracks how much dealerships are marking up their prices for 2024 Toyota Tacomas.

Below, you’ll find a chart tracking month-to-month MSRP markups for all trims. These charts are created based on thousands of datapoints and updated during the first week of each month.

You’ll also find a list of all dealerships reporting markups below the month’s average.
Sponsored

DonM77

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma Sport
How are the 4th gens selling overall compared to 3rd gens? I keep seeing youtube influencers posting videos that the 4th gen aren't selling. Surely Toyota has sales data that is public?

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
How are the 4th gens selling overall compared to 3rd gens? I keep seeing youtube influencers posting videos that the 4th gen aren't selling. Surely Toyota has sales data that is public?
I wouldn’t believe everything you watch on YouTube.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Here's a question: are you considering port or dealer-installed options as "mark-ups"? Or only MSRP adjustments?

bitrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Audi
I wouldn’t believe everything you watch on YouTube.
And definitely don't believe ANYTHING you read on a forum.

The main youtuber I saw with videos like that actually sat down and interviewed the dealership's general manager and asked him why they weren't selling. The guy basically acknowledged it and said he believed it was due to pricing. I've seen stats saying Toyota (and Tacoma) sales were up month over month.. but they were basically selling nothing for awhile while waiting for the 2024's to show up so it seemed like a skewed statistic.

Sponsored

bitrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Audi
Here's a question: are you considering port or dealer-installed options as "mark-ups"? Or only MSRP adjustments?
My understanding of ADM's is it's pure cash markup for the dealer over MSRP due to low supply/high demand

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
For having "thousands of datapoint" this information is worthless. It is missing several dealers...some large dealers from the list. And where is this data even coming from? Listed prices or actual sales data?

DonM77

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma Sport
And definitely don't believe ANYTHING you read on a forum.

The main youtuber I saw with videos like that actually sat down and interviewed the dealership's general manager and asked him why they weren't selling. The guy basically acknowledged it and said he believed it was due to pricing. I've seen stats saying Toyota (and Tacoma) sales were up month over month.. but they were basically selling nothing for awhile while waiting for the 2024's to show up so it seemed like a skewed statistic.
What channel?

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Outside of calling dealers, I don't see how they can determine that.

Sponsored

bitrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Audi
Outside of calling dealers, I don't see how they can determine that.
It's likely scraped from Toyota's own online inventory search pages, which will include ADMs and discounts when they are listed (when it isn't a "Call for price" price). This would not factor in negotiated final prices at all, just what the dealer is currently listing them at to the public.

Dealers would be excluded if they didn't have any allocations or if all their listings were "call for price". They also might have selected a smaller sample set of dealers to scrape so that they were less likely to be blocked by Toyota.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Did this today,

Ice Cap: 1,656 vehicles (31.75%)
Underground: 1,149 vehicles (22.03%)
Celestial Silver Metallic: 927 vehicles (17.78%)
Black: 774 vehicles (14.84%)
Blue Crush Metallic: 262 vehicles (5.02%)
Supersonic Red [extra_cost_color]: 218 vehicles (4.18%)
Bronze Oxide: 105 vehicles (2.01%)
Wind Chill Pearl [extra_cost_color]: 82 vehicles (1.57%)
Solar Octane [extra_cost_color]: 42 vehicles (0.81%)

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
Probabaly different for different regions. If I were to do a YouTube video it would report for my region:

Most 2024 Tacomas are arriving pre sold.
They are selling for MSRP, haven’t heard of any over MSRP or under MSRP.
A lot of used Gen 3’s about to come onto the market.
Currently there is a shortage as people wait for allocations to come it.

DonM77

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma Sport
I found that interview to be off. Can't quite place it but something was off about it. I also thought the GM contradicted himself by saying the Tundras and new Tacomas aren't selling because of higher prices. If that's true why are they are they still marking up these vehicles?
Sponsored