Sponsored

Trailhunter 6' bed

YOLOYO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Is it just me or does this thing look like a hot dog without that valence? Has anyone installed a cap on their 6' bed?

2024 Tacoma Trailhunter 6' bed Screenshot 2024-07-12 014411
Sponsored

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter 6' bed IMG_6951

lol in all seriousness I think it looks fine without the headache rack/sport bar thing ~ but different strokes for different folks!

OP
OP
YOLOYO

YOLOYO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Thats good because I have $1000 bucks on one right now. Sale Pending.

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
It looks like a Tacoma with a 6 foot bed a slight lift and bigger wheels. Have you not seen any Tacomas with a 6 foot bed before? I personally think they look better than the 5 footer, but that’s just me.

OP
OP
YOLOYO

YOLOYO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
I guess im just used to the 5' bed.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
I love this truck (especially in Bronze Oxide) and 6’ bed with sport bar removed!!! I like the proportions and the rear wheel almost centered in the bed.

My only beef with it (minor beef at that) is the bronze wheels with this body color. My honest opinion is the wheels/body are too close in color and needs more contrast between the two. My first pick would be this exact truck and get the wheels powder coated in a matte black. No other mod needed except a Yakima bed rack for carrying kayaks and paddle boards.

Last edited:

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
I love this truck (especially in Bronze Oxide) and 6’ bed with sport bar removed!!! I like the proportions and the rear wheel almost centered in the bed.

My only beef with it (minor beef at that) is the bronze wheels with this body color. My honest opinion is the wheels/body are too close in color and needs more contrast between the two. My first pick would be this exact truck and get the wheels powder coated in a matte black. No other mod needed except a Yakima bed rack for carrying kayaks and paddle boards.
Been saying this for months. Makes no sense that they don’t match

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
Different strokes, different folks.

6foot looks weird to me, wouldn’t fit in a garage, longer wheelbase etc.

choice is welcomed. 5 foot for me though

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
Extended cap.... ;o)
PXL_20240623_141739577.jpg

PXL_20240623_143803051.jpg
Great looking truck! That stance is spot on. What size tires are you running with those Method wheels?

I’m curious as to about how much load you had in it when these photos were taken? That first photo looks like it’s squatting pretty good.

Odzter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
I think the 6ft bed looks better as it’s more proportional but that’s just me. I have a bronze oxide TRD sport with a 6ft bed.

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR, '08 Mazda MX-5, '20 Volvo V60
Great looking truck! That stance is spot on. What size tires are you running with those Method wheels?

I’m curious as to about how much load you had in it when these photos were taken? That first photo looks like it’s squatting pretty good.
The tires are 285/70 R17 KO3's. I have the Westcott Designs kit on it (2.5" front, .75" rear) and it's sitting perfectly flat with the Lone Peak camper, which is ~400lbs. That said, I'm on the hunt for revised rate springs b/c once I'm done building it out with another ~400lbs it will squat far too much. Ironman 4x4 has heavy springs on the way and should have them available in the next month or so.