Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Thought this was kinda interesting - Trailhunter boasts the Old Man Emu but the spring perches & hydraulic stops stamped Fox. A blend of the TRD PRO stock & that ARB gucci....

2024 Tacoma Trailhunter Coil Hydraulic Stops are FOX IMG_6528

Suspension is definitely squishy on the TH; I expect 1-2" of sag with a GFC V2 PRO mounted on the long bed + my ~3-5 day gear payload.

Ordered a Timbren SES Suspension Enhancement System - Truck Camper Kit, it's a 30 minute driveway install. Def not for serious off-roading but it'll address squat and the 90% of baja/winter/washboard/service road travel this truck will see. Your SBD will be extremely rough ride with this kit, but a heavy duty spring replacement will alter the ride quality as well so flip a coin, payload vs those taller knobby treads, can't have it all, at some point a Trailhunter is no longer a Trailhunter if it keeps going in for that Gucci botox upgrade.

Optimistic tho my GFC & gear is light enough that I can run the TH stock & return the SES within it's 100 day satisfaction guarantee.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I had an Ice Cap Trailhunter pull up next to me at a stoplight yesterday. My first impressions were the good looking OEM wheels. Toyota needs to give the wheel designer a bonus.

Knowing that the owner most likely paid $5k+ over MSRP (SoCal area), close to $70k, was a bit of sticker shock.

PotatoTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd pro
I would imagine the coils are not made by fox but what you are seeing is the mount for the hydraulic bumpstop. This mount sits just under the spring isolator on the pro.
Sponsored