Trailhunter "Cruise Control Unavailable. See Owner's Manual"

tacoboutit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EXL
I have noticed that I can't seem to get Cruise Control to work. I am coming from a Civic so maybe it is user error. I went to the owner's manual as the error suggested but foubd nothing that would prevent me from activating cruise control, so I am kinda stumped. Anyone encountering similar issues? Any tips are greatly appreciated. Knowing my luck, it will be some dumb thing I overlooked but better to ask and see. My Civic would not do Cruise Contol under like 30 MPH so I went 40 MPH in the taco and tried to set it. Same message appears as the one I am including as an attachment. Yes I am aware the parking break is on in this one. Just reproducing the error while on break at work.

1007241231_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

-Strike-

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2024 Nissan Z
I had this on mine too, but I had to have the lane keep assist activated first, then initiate cruise control, then you can toggle off the lane assist

OP
OP
tacoboutit

tacoboutit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EXL
I had this on mine too, but I had to have the lane keep assist activated first, then initiate cruise control, then you can toggle off the lane assist
Worth a try. Will do when I get off work. Thanks!

-Strike-

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2024 Nissan Z
Worth a try. Will do when I get off work. Thanks!
Yeah worth a shot. I went to try Cruise for the first time in mine last week, and I was like.. unavailable? why? Started clicking some buttons, and it was able to activate with the lane assist, it felt strange as it tried to wander back in forth on it's own, (not used to those kind of systems) so I was able to deactivate the lane assist, and it operated on adaptive normal cruise

OP
OP
tacoboutit

tacoboutit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EXL
Yeah worth a shot. I went to try Cruise for the first time in mine last week, and I was like.. unavailable? why? Started clicking some buttons, and it was able to activate with the lane assist, it felt strange as it tried to wander back in forth on it's own, (not used to those kind of systems) so I was able to deactivate the lane assist, and it operated on adaptive normal cruise
Intentionally had LKAS off because my Civic tried to kill me with it. Lol. Did not wanna experience that again.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Mine does this occasionally. Trying to figure out when/why it does this but after I re-attempt/ re-engage it works fine.

I think* it might be that I’m driving too slow on initial activation. Can’t use it under ~16mph I believe unless you’ve already initiated and are at a light/stop sign
Sponsored