Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
I need a truck to carry the 3500 lbs of diving gear that we normally take down there. Volume wise it fills the 6 foot bed to the roof of a wedge ARE camper and completely fills the back of the extra cab. I'm curious to see with the rear seats removed if we get the same storage volume in the 2024. The landcruisers and 4runners don't have enough storage space- it's wasted with seat structure.
I did a rear delete on the back seats in my trailhunter. Can do the same with the LC.

2024 Tacoma Trailhunter owners: 5ft vs 6ft bed decision? IMG_6516

3500lbs? Are you trailering? What kind of offroad trailer you using?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vidman

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra,1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
I did a rear delete on the back seats in my trailhunter. Can do the same with the LC.

IMG_6516.jpeg

Was also considering doing the rear seat delete ..don’t have little ones and didn’t buy a taxi..only the dog will go in back

Paco877

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I’ve always been in the camp of a midsize truck shouldn’t be the same length as a full size truck. A Tacoma with a 6’ bed is only 6” shorter than a full size crew cab with a 5’5” bed.

Sure, the Tacoma isn’t as wide. But I’ve found parking a 6’ bed double cab Tacoma vs the full size I just mentioned to be about the same effort in town. With the full size actually being easier, since you can see over and around other vehicles due to the height.

If I was to get a midsize, it would have the 5’ bed.

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter

IMG_6516.jpeg

Ohh that looks good, I was waiting for the hybrid model to come out- and they did a couple of weeks ago- I'll do the 60% likely.

No, not trailering. I had custom leafs made and added timbren cushions on my 2004 to manage the weight. Rode like a dumptruck empty, but like a cadillac loaded. Weightwise, I needed a full size truck, but they just wont go the places I need them.

bheiser1

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I don't have the Trailhunter, but faced the same question before buying my TRD Off-Road with 5 ft bed. I planned to buy 6' for more utility, like home store trips, etc. But I drove both 5 and 6 foot models and the 6 foot felt noticeably more cumbersome to maneuver. And I would have had the same parking/garage issues others have mention.

One other thing - I really like the looks of the truck with the 5' bed - to me it seems "sportier" vs more like a work truck.

Sponsored

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
The 5’ already has the turning radius of a blue whale, Can’t imagine a 6’.

The long bois look weird to me now that I’ve had shorty for a month.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Ohh that looks good, I was waiting for the hybrid model to come out- and they did a couple of weeks ago- I'll do the 60% likely.

No, not trailering. I had custom leafs made and added timbren cushions on my 2004 to manage the weight. Rode like a dumptruck empty, but like a cadillac loaded. Weightwise, I needed a full size truck, but they just wont go the places I need them.
Definitely start a thread when you do one of these hauls to Mexico with a Trailhunter in excess of 3000# in payload. Timbrens don’t increase your payload and the TH rears are coils. The composite bed might be a worry at that weight, no? Timbrens will effectively make your SBD mechanism null, your sweet old man emus will definitely ride old lol

My initial thoughts would be stress to the driveline system but if you can trailer…haven’t dug into the trailering features on this truck, but it’s packed in there
Sponsored

Last edited: