Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
I was going to send a link, but the Toyota inventory search is down at the moment - first time I have seen that.

But the last time I checked, Flow Toyota in Charlottesville showed a TH and didn't indicate it was sale pending. They have a nasty rep for markups and dealer BS add ons but it might be worth contacting them.

The whole allocation and information system with Toyota and their dealers is beyond understanding, even for long time Toyota buyers like me.

It is a very strange way to distribute some fine trucks, and kind of like a truck lottery.
Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
  • Denver Dealer: I put a deposit down on 06/03/23 and am #4 overall on their list. So far they have received only 2 allocations so I still do not even an allocation. What's strange is that Mountain States Toyota, the largest by sales volume in the state. Stevenson another large Denver dealer (that charges ADM's unlike Mtn States) has received several (based on what I've seen online).
Noticed that, too. Found a dealer in Vegas after seeing a TRD PRO deliver early on the forums here, began focusing on that region. Have my pick of 2 THs coming in (1 on QC / 1 yet to be built), whichever comes first, I like both those colors. I am paying a dealer bump, but I need accessories done before the snow flys, tax & work planned out remainder of the year, a $2k bump & a grand on PPF & window tinting was gonna do it anyway.

Allocation system blows but what can you do

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Mine got caught in round two. Dealer says it will move in 2 weeks. I'm a firm believer that they don't know squat.

2024 Tacoma Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions 1723232253827-j7

airxmarshall

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Mine got caught in round two. Dealer says it will move in 2 weeks. I'm a firm believer that they don't know squat.

1723232253827-j7.png
Mine is in that 56 day hold as well. 2 weeks would be the 23rd,which would be the end of the 56 day hold. In other words, you're correct, the dealerships don't know squat. That's a failure of corporate since they won't tell anyone what's going on.

Biggs1975

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
Mine is in that 56 day hold as well. 2 weeks would be the 23rd,which would be the end of the 56 day hold. In other words, you're correct, the dealerships don't know squat. That's a failure of corporate since they won't tell anyone what's going on.
Same boat as you guys- hopefully Toyota gets this right after all of this.

Sponsored

Biggs1975

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
Just found out my 6/17 build trailhunter is now pushed to September at the earliest.
This is really pathetic on Toyota's part. I tried emailing Toyota customer service and still have not received a response as to what is going on with our Trailhunters.

timetoeatpotatoes

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D:
for real. its one thing to have problems, parts issues, or need to check. its another thing to just pretend its not happening and not tell your customers anything.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
@larkhen I don't understand wtf could be wrong with an already built truck that would take 3+ months to fix. Toyota doesn't tell you anything but wait and then wait some more and maybe someday you will get your truck.

It seems like you have the right to know the details about this. Maybe at this point you don't even still want it, I'm not sure I would without more information.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Sponsored

jaslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma DCLB
Without trying to figure out what's going on with Toyota, just got an update from my dealer today...my specific truck has finally officially left Mexico and is on a boat headed up the west coast! Bay area here.

Sequence of events:
  • Build date 5/28
  • Arrived in Lazaro Cardenas 6/18
  • Put on QC hold 6/28
  • Released from QC hold 7/24
  • Left port 8/11
Somehow I escaped the second round of QC holds, and it still took 2+ weeks to leave the port. Current dealer ETA is between 8/22-9/4. We'll see how that goes.

Hoping this is an indicator that parts are rolling in and others will see movement in their trucks as well.

2024 Tacoma Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions 74520287299__042E1E37-682C-4946-BA3B-FD9BA627A792

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
…Somehow I escaped the second round of QC holds, and it still took 2+ weeks to leave the port. Current dealer ETA is between 8/22-9/4. We'll see how that goes.

Hoping this is an indicator that parts are rolling in and others will see movement in their trucks as well.
I just noticed 1 of 2 long bed THs I have my pick from just updated tonight with an ETA 08/24/24 - 09/11/24. Build date 6/26. Previously stuck in “contact dealer for availability” So that is encouraging. The other truck gets built week 34 but that appears to have entered production early as the build page on inventory has been taken down temporarily. Getting stoked!

SAR Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
My TH with a build date of 6/3 now shows on the dealer inventory as:

> Vehicle may be in transit. Contact dealer to confirm availability date.
> Estimated availability 09/10/24

Looks like it is finally out of QC.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
My TH with a build date of 6/3 now shows on the dealer inventory as:

> Vehicle may be in transit. Contact dealer to confirm availability date.
> Estimated availability 09/10/24

Looks like it is finally out of QC.
Nice! Mine is still the same. “Contact dealer”

Hope they’re trickling out!