TRD decal removal

AKYLEP

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Anyone have any good tips for removing the TRD decals on the rear quarter panels?
Sponsored

Flyfish007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
Normally a little heat would do the trick but these decals were a PIA. I had to use an eraser wheel. Took about 10 min.

Reactions: JED

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Honestly I did mine the day it came home. It was sitting outside in about 80 degrees. They peeled right off and left a tiny bit of this white residue that came off with my thumb just rubbing it. Took no joke 5 minutes for both.

Dieselfxr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TRD and a 2024 TRDOR with a deposit
I removed mine after having the truck for a week. About a 80 degree day and was able to get an edge started with a finger nail. They came right off although not in one piece. Very minimal residue left and it came right off with minimal effort. When I got my 99 TRD I removed them after about a year and they were much more difficult to remove.

OP
OP

AKYLEP

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Thanks for the tips. I didn’t take them off my 2014 TRD OR, but it was Canyon Stone Silver and it kinda looked okay. This one I have had just over a month and it just doesn’t look right so they’re coming off.

Sponsored

WDBGR

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Let it bake in the sun, slow peel, adhesive remover and quality microfiber for cleanup

rideradk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma SR5
I removed them after 3 months. It was a 90+ deg day. Driver side was a pain. I was picking tiny bits off with my finger nails to the point I got so frustrated I dug out a plastic scraper. No amount of adhesive remover helped. Ended up scratching the clear coat. I then bought a eraser wheel to do the passenger side. Even that dulled the clear coat. Regardless, it still looks better and in a year or so when I get some more scratches on the truck I won't even notice the ones I made.
Sponsored