Trd manual 2nd gear problem

Sandeep1994

First Name
Sidhu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
First 2 months new truck i noticed that if i am driving on flat road with no uphill or downhill 2nd gear with 2000 rpm will get me to 20 miles per hour speed but from last month to get to 20 miles per hour speed in second gear truck goes to 2500 rpm . Rest of the gears are same . Is this power loss issue or just normal . Its shifts fine . Clutch is smooth too . Dont know what the issue is but i been thing hard to figure this out . What speed does ur truck get with Second gear at 2000 rpm on flat road
Sponsored

Kdbradley85

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR MT
First 2 months new truck i noticed that if i am driving on flat road with no uphill or downhill 2nd gear with 2000 rpm will get me to 20 miles per hour speed but from last month to get to 20 miles per hour speed in second gear truck goes to 2500 rpm . Rest of the gears are same . Is this power loss issue or just normal . Its shifts fine . Clutch is smooth too . Dont know what the issue is but i been thing hard to figure this out . What speed does ur truck get with Second gear at 2000 rpm on flat road
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think it matters if you’re on flat ground or not, so long as your tires aren’t spinning out, the engine speed is directly proportional to tire rotation. It shouldn’t matter what mode you’re in or if iMT is turned on or off. At 2,000 rpm in 2nd gear, you should be going between 17-19 mph (if you’re on stock wheels and tires, but even if you aren’t, it shouldn’t be much different at those speeds). Hope this puts you at some ease lol. There’s so much negative BS on YouTube regarding these trucks, and most of it is just that, BS for clicks. Enjoy your truck!