Sponsored

TRD Performance Exhaust - PT226-35241-02 worth it? Sound clilps?

Frankz54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Tacoma TRD Sport
Was wondering if anyone has bought and replaced the stock exhaust (TRD Sport) with the TRD Performance one (PT226-35241-02 or PT226-35241-00)? Wanted to know if there is a sound difference that makes it worth getting?

Any sound clips would be great! Can't find anything online.
Sponsored

Bobby T

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 sr5
Wondering the same from what I'm told and see you don't Need to purchase the center pipe.

TacomaBadlands

First Name
Stormtroopas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 6'
Purchased last Tuesday. Waiting for it to arrive and be installed. Will post updates later. Currently the stock exhaust sounds meh. Wanted to add the TRD air intake as well but it disappeared from the website recently. It was listed for $750 and nobody knows anything about it at the dealer. It’s like I’m making it up. Thinking about getting Rough Country’s version of the Predator step. What are you folks buying for steps and tonneau covers? Thanks.

Bobby T

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 sr5
Purchased last Tuesday. Waiting for it to arrive and be installed. Will post updates later. Currently the stock exhaust sounds meh. Wanted to add the TRD air intake as well but it disappeared from the website recently. It was listed for $750 and nobody knows anything about it at the dealer. It’s like I’m making it up. Thinking about getting Rough Country’s version of the Predator step. What are you folks buying for steps and tonneau covers? Thanks.
I got running boards from RC

Echoedlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Silverado 2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
Was wondering if anyone has bought and replaced the stock exhaust (TRD Sport) with the TRD Performance one (PT226-35241-02 or PT226-35241-00)? Wanted to know if there is a sound difference that makes it worth getting?

I'd guess it would sound about the same as the stock TRD Pro exhaust which is combined with the TRD air intake and hybrid system. I listened to it in the TRDJon review of the Pro and I genuinely quite like it especially compared to the stock exhaust. (and even aftermarket ones that have shown up on this forum.) I would guess that install is just like any of the aftermarket catbacks, but for quite a bit cheaper.

Sponsored

Bobby T

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 sr5
Seems to be just a pipe and double black tip that Eliminates the resonator the oem muffler stays .

OP
OP

Frankz54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Tacoma TRD Sport
I got the Toyota tonneau directly from Toyota parts. The 2023 OEM fits perfectly in the 2024. It was posted within the forums here that it fits and looks great. It's pretty much the same one that RC sells.

What i want is a bull bar but there is nothing for our model yet. As for the intake, i just got a K&N filter and swapped it. Wanted to make sure the turbo sound still sounds and not overtaken by the intake lol.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I bought the OEM tonneau. It has worked great for what I was looking for

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited

I am trying to find one to buy. Are you finding them in stock anywhere? I listened to a TRD pro today. It depends on what you’re looking for.
To me the TRD cat back sounds deeper and slightly louder than stock. Compared to all of the aftermarket sound clips of MagnaFlow, the TRD is much quieter.

Tanrmt09

First Name
Tabr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Toyota 4runner
I just took my resonator/ tail pipe section off this weekend and it sounds a lot better. Debating on how to an exhaust shop or getting the turn down pipe from Toyota till Awe confirms their exhaust will fit the hybrid.

Pretty sure the pro is just a resonator delete and a tailpipe. Same muffler section

OP
OP

Frankz54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Tacoma TRD Sport
I am trying to find one to buy. Are you finding them in stock anywhere? I listened to a TRD pro today. It depends on what you’re looking for.
To me the TRD cat back sounds deeper and slightly louder than stock. Compared to all of the aftermarket sound clips of MagnaFlow, the TRD is much quieter.
Just want it deeper nothing crazy. I have seen it in stock on some sites online and even my local dealer. But has about 3-4 weeks shipping date.
Sponsored