TRD Pro Hood Shake / Rattle

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
My 2022 outback looks like it’s going to fly off on the highway, but no so much on city roads, just seems to be common now a days
I agree. If you search online you will find similar complaints about other brands as well.

I think hood shake is overstating what is more of an irritating flutter in the outer hood skin on the Tacoma. I hope that is how I feel after I have my truck. I also hope that someone comes up with a fix for people who are bothered by it.
Sponsored

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Other than some padding or a way to weigh down the hood, I think the weatherstripping idea might yield results. If I had my truck, I'd test it out. Anxious to see what results you all get!

By the way, I've owned two Genesis vehicles: my R-Spec was a tank, everything about that car was solid, hood included. My G70, not so much - the hood flutters, it's loud in the cabin, etc. etc.

Definitely not a Toyota thing. I understand cutting weight, but not when it leads to compromises elsewhere.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I have an OR. I have no hood shake and I do not have struts installed.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I have an OR. I have no hood shake and I do not have struts installed.
I have not heard of this problem with any Off-Roads. I have only seen this complaint on Sports and Pros with the hood scoop. I think the trims without the fake scoop are all going to be fine.

Maybe when the scoop vibrates it also vibrates the sheet metal between it and the windshield.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Logged 800 mi on my Trailhunter, only at ~85 mph did I notice a faint shimmer vibration on the hood, nothing glaring. Isolated to the TRD Pro w/the fake intake. What I noticed more is that polarized sunglasses kill your HUD.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Logged 800 mi on my Trailhunter, only at ~85 mph did I notice a faint shimmer vibration on the hood, nothing glaring. Isolated to the TRD Pro w/the fake intake. What I noticed more is that polarized sunglasses kill your HUD.
That’s why I bought these bad boys:

https://a.co/d/gO3RitU
Sponsored