Sponsored

Trucks without factory aux switches

JZE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off-road
So I have a base TRD off-road without the 3 factory aux switches.
I’m in the process of installing some LED ditch lights and I noticed the wiring and plugs under the hood that I believe are used for the factory aux system, so I looked in the fuse box and the fuses for aux 1, 2 and 3 are in place but the relays aren’t.
There does appear to be wiring pinned into place where the aux relays would go in a truck that came equipped with the switches.
So I’m wondering if I were to plug relays into those spots if I would be able to use the factory aux wiring.
Has anyone done this or have any insight into whether it would work or not?
One thing I haven’t checked yet is if there’s any wiring in the dash for the switches to plug into.
Sponsored

MNTBKR

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Following, hope we get an answer add in in the same boat.

Kdbradley85

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR MT
I saw this video from Cali Raised a few days ago replacing the blank switches, and I believe the truck they’re working on is an SR5. Might be helpful.

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I can confirm on my Limited there wasn't any wiring there.

The fusebox cap did have the diagram for the Aux relays - however, where they were supposed to be located (within the fusebox), there was no wiring or female relay connectors. Just a completely empty row. This was also confirmed by not having any loose wiring behind the switch panel in the cab.

It is possible that some trucks may have some of the wiring there. It seems like there is no rhyme or reason on why certain trucks have various additional parts / wiring (ie crossmember on Limited Hybrid, hole plugs for control arms, etc).
Sponsored