Sponsored

omni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Premium
CTTO.

photos were grabbed from Facebook group, I posted it here to make everyone aware of it.

Hybrid models are now included on the list.
2024 Tacoma TSB: Hybrid Tacoma Now Included in Transmission Failure Issues & Replacement (October 2024) IMG_0201

2024 Tacoma TSB: Hybrid Tacoma Now Included in Transmission Failure Issues & Replacement (October 2024) IMG_0200
Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I’m now in range by like a hundred trucks. Mother fucker.

Glad I got the 125K mile warranty extension because I’m now worried the transmission could show issues later in its life if it doesn’t throw codes today.

OP
OP
omni

omni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m now in range by like a hundred trucks. Mother fucker.

Glad I got the 125K mile warranty extension because I’m now worried the transmission could show issues later in its life if it doesn’t throw codes today.
Pray.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Such a lovely feeling… way to go Toyota and thanks for virtually zero info in symptoms or any of the other quirks mentioned with the transmission most of us have been complaining about

TrashPanda

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR Premium
Where the hell is the hybrid module?
It isn’t the potential transmission failure that bothers me. It is leaving my truck at a dealership and getting it back with door panel scratches, wear and tear from techs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
omni

omni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It isn’t the potential transmission failure that bothers me. It is leaving my truck at a dealership and getting it back with door panel scratches, wear and tear from techs.
First pic.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I thought I was the only person stressed about exactly that

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
Just a thought, my truck was built in March and only has 1700 miles, but was stuck in QC hold for a month. I currently have no issues with transmission. Wondering if this "may" have been known at that time (possibly flushed and addressed?) and if anyone currently experiencing trans issues vehicle was in QC hold. I know about the talk of grill shutter, but that seems pretty benign verses a transmission issue with debris in circuit

Sponsored

-Strike-

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2024 Nissan Z
Just a thought, my truck was built in March and only has 1700 miles, but was stuck in QC hold for a month. I currently have no issues with transmission. Wondering if this "may" have been known at that time (possibly flushed and addressed?) and if anyone currently experiencing trans issues vehicle was in QC hold. I know about the talk of grill shutter, but that seems pretty benign verses a transmission issue with debris in circuit
Mine was built in August and just fell in the TSB. Unfortunately, those are the details we will probably never know. Mine had not had any real issues. I hate to use the word yet, but.. you never know. haha. I just drive it and enjoy it like normal, and if something happens, it happens.

The only thing that makes me a little on edge, is wanting to throw some bigger meats on it, and give er' a bit of a lift. Worried if something does end up happening to the transmission, Toyota could be like wellllllllll, you did modify the vehicle. But, it may still be safe because of the actual TSB covering the exact transmission problem. Only time will tell.

But, for now I'm not getting my panties in a bunch over thinking if it's gonna fail, or when. It's smooth, and acting completely normal right now. I'm sure if a failure would happen, it would happen relatively quickly. It doesn't take long for small solenoids to get clogged with debris.

It would be nice if Toyota advises or would suggest an early transmission fluid flush/change for all units at first service just to be safe.

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
Mine was built in August and just fell in the TSB. Unfortunately, those are the details we will probably never know. Mine had not had any real issues. I hate to use the word yet, but.. you never know. haha. I just drive it and enjoy it like normal, and if something happens, it happens.

The only thing that makes me a little on edge, is wanting to throw some bigger meats on it, and give er' a bit of a lift. Worried if something does end up happening to the transmission, Toyota could be like wellllllllll, you did modify the vehicle. But, it may still be safe because of the actual TSB covering the exact transmission problem. Only time will tell.

But, for now I'm not getting my panties in a bunch over thinking if it's gonna fail, or when. It's smooth, and acting completely normal right now. I'm sure if a failure would happen, it would happen relatively quickly. It doesn't take long for small solenoids to get clogged with debris.

It would be nice if Toyota advises or would suggest an early transmission fluid flush/change for all units at first service just to be safe.
I’m like you on this one….a recent study done at Cornell talked about how 85% of what you worry about never happens and of that 15%, 79% said the problem wasn’t as bad as they thought it would be. Trying to be optimistic! Hope it all works out one way or another (lol). Would love to see a fluid change as well but won’t hold my breath.
Sponsored