Sponsored

Weird Chirping Sound

JF22345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Hello,

Has anyone experienced this noise with their 2024 Tacoma? Has been making this noise since the day I bought it just did not realize it until I got home from dealership and parked it in the garage. This one is a TRD Off Road. It's a chirping sound that comes from the engine bay and is only noticeable at idle or in gear at low speeds (hear it most when backing into garage or at a stoplight.) This video was taken while in park. When dropping it into neutral it goes away completely or is very faint. I took the video under the driver side wheel well while in park as you can hear it good from this position. I took it to a dealership to have them check it out and they told me nothing was wrong and they could not diagnose. However, I have checked 6 other 2024 Tacomas and can not replicate the noise.

Sponsored

Last edited:

rkohlerbend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 iForce Max Limited
I also notice a chirping-like sound under the same conditions from my Limited hybrid.

OP
OP

JF22345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Thanks Gfenza. You would say this is normal? If so why don't they all make the same sound?

32spoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Get a piece of heater hose and use it like a stethoscope. With the engine idling, Place it next to the HPFP and verify the chirping noise emanates from the HPFP. If not, move around the engine compartment to hunt down the noise. If noise seem to be from the front of the engine. Shut off engine, get a squirt bottle with water and mist water on a section of the serpentine belt, both sides of the belt. Then start the engine, did the noise go away or get louder?
Louder= belt tension
Quieter= pulley alignment
Belt issues are rare on new vehicles.
Sponsored