Sponsored

Will I fit in this vehicle?

baconator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
This is the question I always have to ask when car shopping. I'm 6'5" about 280. Typically hate sun/moonroofs because I lose headroom. I remember sitting in an older Tacoma a few years back knowing it would not work for me as a daily driver.

I did come across this video which looks promising:
https://pickuptrucktalk.com/2023/05/2024-toyota-tacoma-seating-position/

So here I am, now considering the 4G. Have any interior dimensions/specifications been released yet?
Sponsored

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
This is the question I always have to ask when car shopping. I'm 6'5" about 280. Typically hate sun/moonroofs because I lose headroom. I remember sitting in an older Tacoma a few years back knowing it would not work for me as a daily driver.

I did come across this video which looks promising:
https://pickuptrucktalk.com/2023/05/2024-toyota-tacoma-seating-position/

So here I am, now considering the 4G. Have any interior dimensions/specifications been released yet?
Based on some of the videos it looks promising, but personally I will need sit/feel in person to know for sure it will work.

there are no official dimensions yet. Hopefully in the next 6 weeks or so we will get something

OP
OP
baconator

baconator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
I ordered the Bronco before I ever sat in one. That was a bit unnerving but the whole process during COVID and the suply chain issues were unprecedented. It worked out for me with a 2-door being the best option for me. I'm gonna revisit the 2023 Tacoma at a few dealers just to get a baseline for myself.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I ordered the Bronco before I ever sat in one. That was a bit unnerving but the whole process during COVID and the suply chain issues were unprecedented. It worked out for me with a 2-door being the best option for me. I'm gonna revisit the 2023 Tacoma at a few dealers just to get a baseline for myself.
All the reviewers say that the seating position is pretty different in the 2024 so I don't know if sitting in the 2023 will help much, unless you are wanting to see how different it is from the 24. Just a thought

Sponsored

OP
OP
baconator

baconator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
All the reviewers say that the seating position is pretty different in the 2024 so I don't know if sitting in the 2023 will help much, unless you are wanting to see how different it is from the 24. Just a thought
Part of me just wants to learn about the 2023 strictly for comparison. In a perfect world I would have them side-by side at a dealer to compare, jumping back and forth, but I am not expecting that anytime soon/ever. I have never owned a Toyota, so for me it is more about learning about the vehicle. Maybe I can find a good dealer that takes "reservations" in the process.

OP
OP
baconator

baconator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Got to sit in a 2023 and it was not very comfortable for me. Makes me appreciate how much headroom is in the Bronco. Looking forward to the 2024 redesign.

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'94 VFR, '95 Integra, '04 SV, '22 Bronco, '22 5BW
You beat me to it. I was going to mention/suggest the Bronco. Say what you want about the Bronco, its ergonomics--particularly the 2-door--are fantastic. Solid option for larger individuals.
Sponsored