MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
I cannot recommend buying these trucks:

Ford Ranger and Chevy Colorado/ GMC twin or anything Jeep.

I am not prepared to state on the record as to why right now, but I will circle back some other day.
So will I… 🤣

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Limited iForce Max
I cannot recommend buying these trucks:

Ford Ranger and Chevy Colorado/ GMC twin or anything Jeep.

I am not prepared to state on the record as to why right now, but I will circle back some other day.
Yeah, no, you put it out there. Say what you need to say; otherwise, it's just a troll comment.

OP
OP

memofor

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
First year new gen problems. It sucks and hope you get parts sooner than that.
Thanks for your comment.
I would like to just to highlight in my post that Toyota has the parts and building new trucks with the parts but is choosing not to make the parts available to existing customers.
You’ve not driven your Taco for 3 months because of rear tailgate parts? Just take the whole thing off. There’s tons of aftermarket options for net tailgates, etc. If this were me, I’d just drive it like that waiting for the proper parts.
Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately because the Tacoma has been updated, the truck now has a SRS Air Bag sensor in the back tailgate. My tailgate was down and took the whole impact. Immediately after impact the truck automatically called a SOS call center and they said they noticed I was hit from behind and they asked if I needed Police and or an Ambulance. The truck now has an SRS Air Bag sensor that is faulty and needs to be replaced. When you have one faulty sensor the whole SRS Air Bag system is disabled. The body shop has not been able to get a new sensor so that I can legally drive the truck. The body shop is looking for a work around so I can use the truck until the parts come in.

Many people are also missing my main point, I'm terrible at communicating. Toyota has all the parts and are building the truck in Mexico and they are delivering new Tacoma's every day. Toyota is refusing to make parts available to dealers and customers.

Rocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd w/upgrade
Might as well not buy first year motorcycles too. I come across this problem from time to time.

Sponsored

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
This is a problem with a whole new redesign. I had the same issue with a 2018 VW Tiguan R-Line. Had it 6 months, then got hit and 3 months in a body shop. I spent an entire summer with a mini van (actually it was pretty good and useful).
A risk we take when we purchase an entirely new design.

As for the reason for the delay, an airbag sensor in the tailgate? That’s messed up, why I hate electronic gizmos. Simpler is better. It’s a pick up. Now we can’t drive them if we damage the tailgate. Wow.

2GenTaco

First Name
Scooner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Tacoma
Do Not Buy this Truck. To anyone considering purchasing the 2024 Tacoma please consider that if your truck needs basic repairs or parts you may have to wait 3 to 6 months for the parts. On my personal 2024 Tacoma I was rear-ended with the tailgate down. The body shop needs the tailgate handle and the inner parts and they have an estimated delivery of September for the parts. The truck has currently been in the shop for 3 months (delivered to shop April 29) and they say they can't get the parts. Toyota is not making the parts available and will not be shipping parts to dealers and shops. I have called Toyota Corporation USA several times and they tell me "the parts are not available and they can not expedite parts delivery". From this buyers perspective it is evident that Toyota has all the parts to build new trucks in Mexico and is rolling them off the assembly line every day. But Toyota will not help the 2024 Tacoma owner once the truck is purchased. Buyer beware!
Funny. I work for GM , we have 21 cars and trucks sitting over 7 months waiting for parts.
Not sure why you are telling others not to buy a Tacoma, every other brand is in the same boat waiting on parts.

Kdbradley85

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR MT
That blows man :mad:. I feel for ya, but I'd hold off on trying to convince a bunch of folks to not buy these trucks. It'll be September before you know it. Did your insurance hook you up with a rental to use in the meantime? I'm assuming since you got rear-ended that the other driver was at fault. This is just one more reason to drive defensively at all times. I'd be pissed too if I lost my truck for the entire summer cause of a fender bender. You're gonna be super excited to get your truck back though. Something to look forward to!

Duce95

First Name
Big Deezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Offroad
Do not buy the new Tacoma… there is absolutely no aftermarket accessories available. It’s a new truck. Parts take time with a new redesign.

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Do Not Buy this Truck. To anyone considering purchasing the 2024 Tacoma please consider that if your truck needs basic repairs or parts you may have to wait 3 to 6 months for the parts. On my personal 2024 Tacoma I was rear-ended with the tailgate down. The body shop needs the tailgate handle and the inner parts and they have an estimated delivery of September for the parts. The truck has currently been in the shop for 3 months (delivered to shop April 29) and they say they can't get the parts. Toyota is not making the parts available and will not be shipping parts to dealers and shops. I have called Toyota Corporation USA several times and they tell me "the parts are not available and they can not expedite parts delivery". From this buyers perspective it is evident that Toyota has all the parts to build new trucks in Mexico and is rolling them off the assembly line every day. But Toyota will not help the 2024 Tacoma owner once the truck is purchased. Buyer beware!
No problem here! Love my truck.

FYI...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1458809882...j2EJTFvEc8FwONsywHZQzy/Yw=|tkp:Bk9SR-yL7dibZA

Sponsored

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
This is a problem with a whole new redesign. I had the same issue with a 2018 VW Tiguan R-Line. Had it 6 months, then got hit and 3 months in a body shop. I spent an entire summer with a mini van (actually it was pretty good and useful).
A risk we take when we purchase an entirely new design.

As for the reason for the delay, an airbag sensor in the tailgate? That’s messed up, why I hate electronic gizmos. Simpler is better. It’s a pick up. Now we can’t drive them if we damage the tailgate. Wow.
The risk taken by any of us with new models but more so the industry should be obvious at this point. Even our mature model last new vehicle purchase has had waits for what should be common parts.

We all have different reasons. Most people appreciate the safety systems. We lost a family member in an accident not his fault but in a very common poorly rated for safety pickup truck. The new Tacoma achieving top safety pick was a vital part of our choosing it.

It is really easy to be annoyed or say one doesn't like the safety equipment but it is no fun to have our experience. I also keep the jobs my nephew and a friend's wife have in mind. One a most difficult surgery team member and the other an ER trauma nurse. Their stories help me realize the safety stuff is also being considerate for others.

When our last new Toyota and our VW didn't have simple parts for warranty repairs and safety recalls I made reasonable but explicit social media posts pointing out their incompetence with lack of parts. Both times got the attention of corporate CSR folks who expedited solving the problems. The attitude makes a difference for that sort of approach.

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I agree with the others, parts availability has nothing to do with the actual vehicle, this is a typical manufacturer issue in that vehicles coming off of the assembly line have priority over anything else. I won't say I agree with this logic but it is what it is.

I had a similar thing happen with my first new Silverado, 21 RST with the 3.0 I-6 Diesel. I purchased it just at the close of spring time but turns out it had a small leak in the A/C system somewhere under the dash, and the tech was unable to find it. Beyond that there were no parts ETA available at any time given to be by my dealership. As this was the tail end of the COVID nonsense, GM was ramping up the Silverado production and as such, I had no priority in any queue to get a new A/C system. Ended up trading the truck in.

Tire fryer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford F250 7.3 4x4
I guess I better trade my truck in for a Tesla now.
I get that you are joking but Tesla is having major issues with parts all on its own. Many components are procured from vendors and unexpected backorders are often the case. Tread lightly...

Toyota is by far not the only manufacturer. Land Rover is another offender and you can add pretty much any other manufacturer to that list.

Mentat Bashar

First Name
Enrico Pallazo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Look, I get it. You want your vehicle fixed. Nobody is refusing to help customers that's hyperbole. Toyota is prioritizing the factory to get product out the door. Keep working with your insurance and local/regional rep. I bet you'll have more success that way.

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
At this point auto wreckers may have parts trucks. Granted not brand new, but the parts will not be used too much. I’d take a used part that works to have my truck back months earlier. As long as its warranty and everything stays intact.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.