d4v

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Sport Premium
Where in BC are you?
Interior BC. But I head out via the coquihalla or toward rogers pass during winter. Which can inspire white knuckles on some days even with winter tires.
Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Winter is coming. I was hiking in Kananaskis this weekend. Looked like they had about 3-4” of snow a day or two ahead of our hike.

Looks like the party is almost over.

M1KL83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
Ontario here..planning on dedicated winters.
Love me some Nokians.

Are you guys having any luck finding winter wheels in our 6x139 95.1cb with high offset similar to oem 55et?

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, but has anyone ever ran Duratrac's as a AT/Winter tire. A lot of people say they're great in the snow online but my god, is the road is wet at all I'm sliding around like I'm late for a Formula Drift competition. Given my temps can reach as low as -40c regularly, I'm pretty worried these tires are going to be absolute garbage, worse than the stock all-seasons.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
Ontario here..planning on dedicated winters.
Love me some Nokians.

Are you guys having any luck finding winter wheels in our 6x139 95.1cb with high offset similar to oem 55et?
I had a set of 17" steelies on order from the dealer for my Sport, but cancelled them after I found a set of 2024 Off-Road OEM alloys from a guy on another forum. Picked up a set of Blizzaks last week at Canadian Tire.

Sponsored

lakerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, but has anyone ever ran Duratrac's as a AT/Winter tire. A lot of people say they're great in the snow online but my god, is the road is wet at all I'm sliding around like I'm late for a Formula Drift competition. Given my temps can reach as low as -40c regularly, I'm pretty worried these tires are going to be absolute garbage, worse than the stock all-seasons.
Up in Alberta,ran them on my 4 runner, hummm, slippy on highway,excellent in the deep stuff, on road like any other at. after 1 year couldn't get them to stop shake, won't be getting another set,look rugged though

M1KL83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a set of 17" steelies on order from the dealer for my Sport, but cancelled them after I found a set of 2024 Off-Road OEM alloys from a guy on another forum. Picked up a set of Blizzaks last week at Canadian Tire.
Colour me jealous that's a sweet set up you've got there!

M1KL83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We have them on older Tundra plow truck at work.
Pretty good in snow but slippery af on icy conditions, greasy intersections and packed down snow.
Put it 4wd and you're alright but often in 2wd I can't get the Tundra moving forward or back in a slippery parking spot.
As with most, weight in bed definitely helps a bunch.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Up in Alberta,ran them on my 4 runner, hummm, slippy on highway,excellent in the deep stuff, on road like any other at. after 1 year couldn't get them to stop shake, won't be getting another set,look rugged though
Alberta also and I do a lot of unplowed highway driving to get to work every morning, sometimes those highways are a sheet of ice. Definitely makes me nervous to hear that but I guess I'll ride it out and see lol. Maybe some sandbags in the bed of the truck.

They definitely do like to shake. Not my most favorite tire and I won't be buying them again.

We have them on older Tundra plow truck at work.
Pretty good in snow but slippery af on icy conditions, greasy intersections and packed down snow.
Put it 4wd and you're alright but often in 2wd I can't get the Tundra moving forward or back in a slippery parking spot.
As with most, weight in bed definitely helps a bunch.
Good to know thanks, my towns refuses to plow any road that isn't a bus route, and even then they do a horrible job. So our roads quickly turn into packed down, slick winter roads and intersections become black ice quickly, hopefully I can make it through this winter and worry about getting another AT for next year.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I'll be curious to see how the first batch of winter Tacomas do with slush/freeze and the brake lines.

Sponsored

lakerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Alberta also and I do a lot of unplowed highway driving to get to work every morning, sometimes those highways are a sheet of ice. Definitely makes me nervous to hear that but I guess I'll ride it out and see lol. Maybe some sandbags in the bed of the truck.

They definitely do like to shake. Not my most favorite tire and I won't be buying them again.

Good to know thanks, my towns refuses to plow any road that isn't a bus route, and even then they do a horrible job. So our roads quickly turn into packed down, slick winter roads and intersections become black ice quickly, hopefully I can make it through this winter and worry about getting another AT for next year.
Weight is always an issue with pickups, my 97 taco was always doing the tokyo drift, even with sand bags I wasn't going anywhere fast, slight inclines sometimes and had to pop it into 4x4but always got to destination, no winter ever stopped me, I don't run winters, stopping is the issue so leave lots of space, I wonder when the turbo kicks in will the tires spin out, the nissan juke was a nightmare for a buddy when it spooled up and let go, 4 runners a different beast altogether.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Weight is always an issue with pickups, my 97 taco was always doing the tokyo drift, even with sand bags I wasn't going anywhere fast, slight inclines sometimes and had to pop it into 4x4but always got to destination, no winter ever stopped me, I don't run winters, stopping is the issue so leave lots of space, I wonder when the turbo kicks in will the tires spin out, the nissan juke was a nightmare for a buddy when it spooled up and let go, 4 runners a different beast altogether.
The turbo has come across my mind too, when that sucker kicks in she takes off, so I'm sure it'll be a little challenge during the winters. Im just happy to finally have access to 4WD and being able to have some fun tokoyo drifting this winter 🤪

I'm used to FWD cars on unplowed roads practically plowing my own path so I'm going from one annoying challenge to a slightly easier challenge .. I think lol.

My biggest thing was the slush that was up to the bottom of my front bumper, it's going to be nice this winter to just drive on over all that crap.
Sponsored