-Strike-

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2024 Nissan Z
Yeah that was for their TRD Replica style wheels

Anyone have thoughts on moving from the 18” rim/tire to 17” for winter?
It will work, just have to find the appropriate downsize tire for the truck. 17" snow tires might be a hair cheaper too. I used to always run downsize for snows on my other vehicles. This truck I just bought Methods for the spring/summer/fall, and will use my OEM's for the dedicated snows
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
Yeah that was for their TRD Replica style wheels

It will work, just have to find the appropriate downsize tire for the truck. 17" snow tires might be a hair cheaper too. I used to always run downsize for snows on my other vehicles. This truck I just bought Methods for the spring/summer/fall, and will use my OEM's for the dedicated snows
One nice thing is these trucks don’t need reprogramming for the tpms sensors.

-Strike-

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2024 Nissan Z
One nice thing is these trucks don’t need reprogramming for the tpms sensors.
Yes that is a nice feature! Takes a little learning when you get the right sensors, but it should be good!

Also, it would be absolutely perfect if you could find a set of SR steel wheels for winter, but not sure I've seen any take offs for sale on the usual area "classifieds" yet. But, those are the OEM 17 sizes. You could run anything around that for the 17, should open up a ton of options in snow tires

2024 Tacoma Model Tire SizeWheel Size Diameter
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR245/70R17 SL17" Wheels
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR5245/70R17 SL17" Wheels
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road265/70R17 SL17" Wheels

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
Yes that is a nice feature! Takes a little learning when you get the right sensors, but it should be good!

Also, it would be absolutely perfect if you could find a set of SR steel wheels for winter, but not sure I've seen any take offs for sale on the usual area "classifieds" yet. But, those are the OEM 17 sizes. You could run anything around that for the 17, should open up a ton of options in snow tires

2024 Tacoma Model Tire SizeWheel Size Diameter
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR245/70R17 SL17" Wheels
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR5245/70R17 SL17" Wheels
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road265/70R17 SL17" Wheels
a month ago I ordered from the dealer a set of 17" steel wheels for winter tires on my Sport+. They were priced at $117 each, no specs or what color. Luckily I found a set of Off Road wheels and cancelled the order.
Sponsored