Sponsored

Wonder why there are no color choices? Read this.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Wow, really interesting stats. What it really doesn’t explain is why the US gets far more color options than in Canada. We can’t get bronze oxide, or Terra (would have been my two top choices). guess that I settled on Blue Crush further makes me odd. Truthfully I’ve always loved the earthy tones, browns, beiges, rusts, too bad they are all in decline.

Reactions: MJE

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
I know it's not cheap, but one can wrap their car for a couple of grand. I'm sure you didn't spend like $60 or $70k (US) on a truck! For these prices, we should pick whatever colors we want.

Moundman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Camry (a beater!) / 2024 Trailhunter
Yeah this has been a pet peeve of mine for years. It was one of the reason I choose the Rapid Blue color for my C8 Corvette. I was aggravated when Toyota didn't give any fun color options for the TH. Of course then I go out and picked the Underground color for my TH. lol. Like Ruissimo said above though a quick wrap and you can have any color you can imagine.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Dealers want to stock the colors that sell and in my neighborhood almost all vehicles are grayscale, with just one Radiant Red Tundra and one blue Chrysler minivan. Of course that could also be because that is all people could find. A chicken and the egg kind of thing.

Trying to right this imbalance my truck will be Terra and I just learned on this thread that Terra isn't available in Canada. Could they be even more boring than people in the US?

Sponsored

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Dealers want to stock the colors that sell and in my neighborhood almost all vehicles are grayscale, with just one Radiant Red Tundra and one blue Chrysler minivan. Of course that could also be because that is all people could find. A chicken and the egg kind of thing.

Trying to right this imbalance my truck will be Terra and I just learned on this thread that Terra isn't available in Canada. Could they be even more boring than people in the US?
We sure are more boring! In my case in envious of your Terra Tacoma. Only other colour that would excite me is if mud bath is made available on the Tacoma - and made available in Canada!

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro

My TRD Pro is coming in Terra…in Canada. Supposed to arrive end of the month.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
No color choices? I find there’s quite a bit

White, grey, black, blue, red, orange, bronze, terra, etc…

what exactly is missing? Toyota seems to have more colors then other manufacturers

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
No color choices? I find there’s quite a bit

White, grey, black, blue, red, orange, bronze, terra, etc…

what exactly is missing? Toyota seems to have more colors then other manufacturers
It is they only make 2-3% each of red, blue, bronze...

Sponsored
OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the combined color percentage breakdown for the vehicles in your inventory:
  1. Ice Cap: 30.65%
  2. Underground: 21.11%
  3. Celestial Silver Metallic: 20.42%
  4. Black: 15.99%
  5. Blue Crush Metallic: 4.77%
  6. Supersonic Red [extra_cost_color]: 2.59%
  7. Bronze Oxide: 2.16%
  8. Wind Chill Pearl [extra_cost_color]: 1.06%
  9. Solar Octane [extra_cost_color]: 0.92%
  10. underground w/ black roof*: 0.07%
  11. ice cap w/ black roof*: 0.05%
  12. terra w/ black roof*: 0.04%

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
I too have been pretty annoyed with the color options. The red seems too flashy and the blue is just off in a way I can't explain. I like the solar octane (especially as an OSU alumni), but that isn't available in the limited. I really hope the come out with another color option for the 2025. Maybe change availability too.

As it stands now I'm probably looking at the grey or bronze.

OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a deposit on a Blue Limited. I have a black Tundra now and have two silver Lexus in my garage. So, both of those are ruled out. Underground is a no. Too boring plus since they are producing a load of them you'll look like every other Tacoma in town. All the hybrids being produced are in the gray scale colors which is why I'm going with a non-hybrid.
Sponsored