Sponsored

Tacoma Limited 4WD system

Bubbadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Tacoma
I really wish the Tacoma Limited full time 4WD system was available in other trims. It seems to me a lot of buyers would prefer it to the part time 4WD system. I just don't like the cosmetics of the Limited version. A TRD off road with full time 4WD would be perfect for me. Maybe I can cobble together a work around. Anyone else of the same opinion?
Sponsored

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I really wish the Tacoma Limited full time 4WD system was available in other trims. It seems to me a lot of buyers would prefer it to the part time 4WD system. I just don't like the cosmetics of the Limited version. A TRD off road with full time 4WD would be perfect for me. Maybe I can cobble together a work around. Anyone else of the same opinion?
I'm actually sort of looking at it the other way. I'd like a Limited, but I'd prefer part time 4WD over full-time AWD. That said, it's not a deal breaker for me, and I sort of get why they did it this way.

I feel like the take rate on a TRDOR with AWD rather than part time 4WD would be pretty low, since AWD is generally seen as less capable. Probably too much added complexity to option that onto more trims.

bubbadeere

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I also like the Limited cosmetics as shown, except for the sunroof... a total waste for me. I would like part time 4WD and no hybrid (no way to justify the added hybrid cost when you compare the MPG difference).

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Tacoma Limited
I also like the Limited cosmetics as shown, except for the sunroof... a total waste for me. I would like part time 4WD and no hybrid (no way to justify the added hybrid cost when you compare the MPG difference).
Pretty hilarious comment considering Toyota has not released MPGā€™s for the 2024 Tacoma.

bubbadeere

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Aug 2, 2023

Toyota just released the fuel economy estimates for the new Land Cruiser which shares the 2.4L iForce Max hybrid engine with the '24 Tacoma. Using the estimates we have a good idea what to expect...

8.7L/100km = 27 MPG

2024 Tacoma Tacoma Limited 4WD system 2-4l-iforce-max-hybrid-engine-mpg-jpe

Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Sure can justify the power! +48HP and +148TQ! For about $3500 guys spend well over 2X that for supercharging..Better mpg is just a bonus!

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Aug 2, 2023

Toyota just released the fuel economy estimates for the new Land Cruiser which shares the 2.4L iForce Max hybrid engine with the '24 Tacoma. Using the estimates we have a good idea what to expect...

8.7L/100km = 27 MPG

2-4l-iforce-max-hybrid-engine-mpg-jpeg.jpg
Estimated, followed by a separate disclaimer. Also, wasn't it removed from the site several days later?

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
I would add it to a different trim. My wife would appreciate the retracting side step.

On the Limited, Im also a bit concerned about the AVS. If i dont like it, are the electronics gonna freak if i change the suspension later ?

Hannzie

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Iā€™m with you. Love what the Limited offers with full time AWD and all the creature comforts but all that chrome is god awful. can only hope for a chrome delete.

Sponsored

TacomaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma Limited
The full time 4WD is for the hybrid only. Looks like this in the hybrid:
2024 Tacoma Tacoma Limited 4WD system 1703123313216

Tacosyeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Estimated, followed by a separate disclaimer. Also, wasn't it removed from the site several days later?
No, it is still there on the Toyota Canada page where it was first published.

Should be similar given the Land Cruiser is probably heavier than the Tacoma.

Last edited:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I predicted 24-26 mpg for the Tacoma hybrid.
Sponsored