Sponsored

Anyone else recieve call from their dealer regarding incoming allocation?

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Just got a call from my dealer. They asked if I wanted to switch to a sport, I was planning on anyways but when asked why they told me they've got a confirmed manual transmission sport coming in February in the color I wanted.

Some great news for me, as my name's now on it but I was still left a little boggled.

When I asked if he was aware of any packages that is on it he wasn't sure, he told me mix between cloth and leather seats, I said I was more worried about the JBL Audio and a few other things that only comes on the upgraded package and I seemed to leave him boggled, he told me he's fairly certain the JBL Audio only comes on the pro trims, which watching any YouTube video ever will prove that theory wrong.

I'm a little disappointed with the lack of knowledge the sales person I got seems to have on these new generations, even more disappointed that they seem to have no clue about any package info release. Guess I'll have to just play the waiting game and see what packages the truck arrives with, hoping for the best and also hoping for these interest rates to plummet a little.

I guess I'm asking if anyone else has gotten their call, and if any of their dealers are also acting like they've only heard about the 4th gen Tacoma's yesterday.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kielly

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Super patient indeed. We'll see when it comes in February. The longer I wait to better chance I got at fairly normal interest rates anyways lol

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter Bronze Oxide; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
100% agree on being patient for the model you want. I mean weā€™ve already been waiting for months. Whatā€™s a few more? I am team TH as well. Iā€™m on the list at Mountain States, looks like youā€™re on the list out here as well. Iā€™m hoping they release pricing on the 28th or shortly after for the hybrid models as well, along with a better idea on release dates.

bayman

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Miata GT and 2017 Honda CR-V
I didn't get a call, but was at the dealer here in Eastern Canada on Tuesday and the saleperson showed me the first 2024 Tacoma in their system was a TRD Sport + arriving late January which will become the dealership's demo. Customers with deposits ($200 CDN) will get a call to schedule a test drive.

OP
OP
Kielly

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I didn't get a call, but was at the dealer here in Eastern Canada on Tuesday and the saleperson showed me the first 2024 Tacoma in their system was a TRD Sport + arriving late January which will become the dealership's demo. Customers with deposits ($200 CDN) will get a call to schedule a test drive.
That's hilarious, I bet he seen that and thought it was a vehicle to sell. Although I find it strange they'd send my dealer a manual sport. Looks like they're going to be selling me their demo car, or they've got alooot of sweet talking to do to me.

Sponsored

Richardff7

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TRD Sport LB
Which dealership in Eastern Canada? Iā€™m here in Halifax and I seem to know more about the trim levels than my sales person. Iā€™m dealing with Oregans who are by far the largest dealer in the region and they havenā€™t been able to tell me anything. Just curious.

cheers

bayman

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Miata GT and 2017 Honda CR-V
Which dealership in Eastern Canada? Iā€™m here in Halifax and I seem to know more about the trim levels than my sales person. Iā€™m dealing with Oregans who are by far the largest dealer in the region and they havenā€™t been able to tell me anything. Just curious.

cheers
I'm in St. John's and it's the Toyota Plaza dealership. The lady I'm dealing with seems on the ball, but I also think Toyota Canada just doesn't have, or hasn't provided, the full details yet to the dealerships. The only other detail on the inventory screen she showed me was that the first incoming unit was Blue Crush Metallic which is what I pre-ordered. I don't expect to get an allocation in late January or even February, but I'm hopeful for Q1/2023. Good luck!

Richardff7

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TRD Sport LB
I'm in St. John's and it's the Toyota Plaza dealership. The lady I'm dealing with seems on the ball, but I also think Toyota Canada just doesn't have, or hasn't provided, the full details yet to the dealerships. The only other detail on the inventory screen she showed me was that the first incoming unit was Blue Crush Metallic which is what I pre-ordered. I don't expect to get an allocation in late January or even February, but I'm hopeful for Q1/2023. Good luck!
Ok gotcha. Thanks for the update.

Derek S.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
I haven't heard anything yet, other than a rumor from my sales rep that they got a TRD Sport that was priced in the upper 40's. I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume that he was wrong, since it sounds like most of the dealerships still don't have much in the way of details.

Personally, I wouldn't switch but I'm dead set on a bronze oxide Trailhunter. Preferably with the 6' bed. And I'm leaning heavily towards the full bed rack.

OP
OP
Kielly

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I haven't heard anything yet, other than a rumor from my sales rep that they got a TRD Sport that was priced in the upper 40's. I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume that he was wrong, since it sounds like most of the dealerships still don't have much in the way of details.

Personally, I wouldn't switch but I'm dead set on a bronze oxide Trailhunter. Preferably with the 6' bed. And I'm leaning heavily towards the full bed rack.
Upper 40s would be the best news of this year. We can only hope lol. I'm expecting more 55, but that's a shot in the dark.

Sponsored

Derek S.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
Upper 40s would be the best news of this year. We can only hope lol. I'm expecting more 55, but that's a shot in the dark.
For a Sport? Not the TRD Pro, but the TRD Sport. I'm fully expecting mid-50's for the Pro and the TH.

OP
OP
Kielly

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I am probably going to get a refund of my deposit if the TRD sport is upper 40s. I am hopeful I can get a TRD OF premium for that price. Not sure I can swing over 50k.
You give me hope. Seeing some of the predictions for price and given the new tech I've been expecting the worst. I sure hope you're right šŸ˜
Sponsored