Sponsored

33" inch wheels on a TRD Off Road?

Bubbadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Tacoma
I remember reading somewhere that 33 inch wheels would be available for a TRD Off Road.

The only tire size I see so far is a 265/70 R17 which, according to my math, is 31.6 inches.

Am I missing something or just wrong about 33 inch wheels?

Maybe they are just available for the TRD Pro and Trailhunter models.
Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
On a side note, anyone ever pull the dealers leg and get a free set of tires out of it? I'm really going to pester them about getting a free set of KO2s installed to seal the deal. Hell, I'll go as far as walking out and seeing if I get a text to return :ROFLMAO:

mramseyisu

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
Perfect. Thanks for the answer.
So if you want 33’s then you’re waiting until May. I was wondering the same thing. I think I’m all in on the trd off road premium with the hybrid I can’t handle the pro or the trailhunter the more I think about it. I don’t want to give up the rear seat leg room with the stupid seats in the pro and I hate the snorkel and mullet on the trailhunter.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bubbadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Tacoma
Don’t think they make tires that fit 33 inch wheels
Point taken. I should have written 33 inch diameter tire instead.

I think a mid spec TRD Off Road Hybrid should be a fantastic truck.

Now if I can just get lucky enough to find one at MSRP sometime next year.

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
I remember reading somewhere that 33 inch wheels would be available for a TRD Off Road.

The only tire size I see so far is a 265/70 R17 which, according to my math, is 31.6 inches.

Am I missing something or just wrong about 33 inch wheels?

Maybe they are just available for the TRD Pro and Trailhunter models.
I noticed the same thing. It must be an option only with the iForce Max version, which also requires an 18” wheel as opposed to the standard 17” on the non-Max version. Just a guess!

4rsreed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
So if you want 33’s then you’re waiting until May. I was wondering the same thing. I think I’m all in on the trd off road premium with the hybrid I can’t handle the pro or the trailhunter the more I think about it. I don’t want to give up the rear seat leg room with the stupid seats in the pro and I hate the snorkel and mullet on the trailhunter.
Exactly what I am hoping to do. In a perfect world, I would be able to get it in Bronze Oxide. I am hoping I can option out the Toyota Heritage Grill with Light Bar and maybe the ARB rear bumper w/ recovery hooks depending on the price.

OP
OP

Bubbadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Tacoma
Exactly what I am hoping to do. In a perfect world, I would be able to get it in Bronze Oxide. I am hoping I can option out the Toyota Heritage Grill with Light Bar and maybe the ARB rear bumper w/ recovery hooks depending on the price.
I'm after the same thing., a Bronze Oxide TRD Off Road Hybrid. It's starting to look like that will be a $55k truck with mid-spec options.

Sponsored

4rsreed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
I'm after the same thing., a Bronze Oxide TRD Off Road Hybrid. It's starting to look like that will be a $55k truck with mid-spec options.
That’s what I figured as well. The key is just holding the line at MSRP. I’m not willing to pay for any dealer markups. I am willing to pay MSRP because it’s a new model of a popular truck. But I can wait if it gets too silly out there. Good Luck.

OP
OP

Bubbadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Tacoma
That’s what I figured as well. The key is just holding the line at MSRP. I’m not willing to pay for any dealer markups. I am willing to pay MSRP because it’s a new model of a popular truck. But I can wait if it gets too silly out there. Good Luck.
Good luck to you as well. I'm 100% in agreement about waiting until I can get one at MSRP. I have a 2001 Tundra that I'll just keep driving until then. Hopefully I can locate one before the end of 2024.

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
Me too! TRD OR hybrid in Bronze Oxide. I think you’re right on the price; it’s really looking that way. 55 is a lot more than the 36 I paid for my TRD OR in 2015. I wonder if the Pro will be similar in price to the TRD OR hybrid.
Sponsored