Sponsored

When to order for when I want to take delivery?

bml42

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Premium (6MT) in WCP
Hey folks, I have some questions for you. I want to order a 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport with the manual transmission, replacing my 2021 of the same trim/transmission. I talked to the guy at the dealer I use and he told me it would likely be something like 4-8 months before my truck gets built. I'm looking at nothing super special in my opinion - the TRD Sport with the manual like I mentioned, and the premium package. I want a couple other small things but honestly with just the premium package I'd be happy.

What has stopped me from ordering so far is that I still owe like 25% on the 2021, and I want to wait until a potential bonus from work gets decided. If they do indeed give a bonus this year, it will be paid out in mid-March. That lets me pay off the 2021 and get some money to work with for a down payment. If I go ahead and place an order at my dealer now, what do you think the chances are that a truck will materialize before mid-March? If it's a non-issue, then I'll be more comfortable to get it started this week - I just don't want to have to use savings to make it work if I don't have to.

Related question - if I do place an order for what I consider ideal, am I locked in to waiting for it? Or, if one that's "good enough" pops up in the region, can I do that instead since they haven't built mine yet? I've never placed an order for a new truck - when bying the 2021 I thought about ordering but ended up taking one that was found at a nearby port. That's why I am a little unclear on the logistics for ordering. Thanks for reading!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I'm assuming you meant you want to order a 2024 and currently have a 2021? I'd say put your name in now. It's going to be a long wait ahead of you anyways because there's tons of people in line sense early June or before.

Also, Toyota doesn't custom ordering, thing to note. You can give the sales guy the build you want, but the best they can do is try and match it as much as they can with the allocations they get in. So if a "good enough" one pops up you can definitely take ownership, just make sure you let the sales guy know this is your preferred build but if something else similar was to pop up you'd want a call.

The more picky you are with your build, the longer you're going to be waiting imo, and word on the street is allocation/stock is going to be pretty slim this year as is.

OP
OP
bml42

bml42

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Premium (6MT) in WCP
LOL yes thanks, I must have read it twice and still managed to say I wanted to order a 2024 and not a 2021.

Snowjunky24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
You would be lucky to get one this year Iā€™d say. Maybe a dealer with a 10g markup might sell it to you

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Tacoma Limited
LOL yes thanks, I must have read it twice and still managed to say I wanted to order a 2024 and not a 2021.
There is an EDIT function FYI
Sponsored